Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We don't even need to win another game to qualify for finals!!!

We would be the ultimate example of making up the numbers. We can't beat the top 4 sides and this year we've had embarrassing losses to Adelaide, Fremantle and Richmond. Sure this team could suddenly find a spark and win four elimination finals on the road in a row but on current form, I can only see them being - one and done.

If we kick straight, we can potentially beat a lot of finals sides.

For example, today, if we kicked 23.10 it would be a near 80 point win.

To do any damage this year, we need to suddenly find some high accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If we kick straight, we can potentially beat a lot of finals sides.

For example, today, if we kicked 23.10 it would be a near 80 point win.

To do any damage this year, we need to suddenly find some high accuracy
    This. We played incredible footy all over the ground, with the only exception being when kicking at goal. Our defenders read the play superbly (not just Ted, though he was the best example, but Grundy, Shaw, Johnson, Mattner, Malceski, everybody!), our midfielders absolutely dominated, we tackled and pressured like men possessed, and our ball use through the middle was as clean as I've seen it for some time. When we play like that, if combined with straight kicking at goal, we can beat anybody. That said, it's a bit much to expect us to be able to do that all the way through finals, so it's not like I rate us as a premiership chance, but our best is certainly up there.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12