Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 23 V The Cats

If LRT is fit i'd bring him in for Aj, probably needs a rest, young blokes may struggle, although Reid doesn't seem to be suffering. The way St Kilda stuffed everyone into their backline it's a wonder we got a touch in there at all. Rohan has to start the game, the kid has too much skill and speed to be sitting on the bench. Geelong aren't the fastest team in the comp so we might be able to run them around a bit, what they are is quick between the ears, so more experienced players might get a run I suppose they'll look at match ups during hte week, i can never figure them well
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

What's most important is that we compete right until the final siren. With the Bombers having one more game left against Port and the Sainters a couple of % up on us, we can't afford to drop %. It could be the difference between playing a home final or playing a tough road game first week.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I also really want to get Gordon in there somehow.
    I'd also like to see Nipper given a couple of games.
    Malceski would be my omission.
    He was ordinary yesterday, and sold others into trouble many times, particually in the first half when the pressure was hot.
    I was surprised he was brought back in after only one week out.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And slot him straight back to full back.
    Spot on. LRT must only play back.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I'd also like to see Nipper given a couple of games.
    Malceski would be my omission.
    He was ordinary yesterday, and sold others into trouble many times, particually in the first half when the pressure was hot.
    I was surprised he was brought back in after only one week out.
    Agreed. Mal used to be our best by foot but all of his passes into the forward line bounced in front of the leading forward or went wide. What has happened to him? Is is purely confidence? Knee? He needs a run in the magoos purely to work on those bullet passes of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Agreed. Mal used to be our best by foot but all of his passes into the forward line bounced in front of the leading forward or went wide. What has happened to him? Is is purely confidence? Knee? He needs a run in the magoos purely to work on those bullet passes of his.
    A few knee reconstructions happened to him and they have robbed him of kicking distance. He used to have a nice low penetrating 50-60m kick but this seems lost. Yesterday, like the Mal of old, he took a quick handball and tried for a long goal only to fall well short. He needs to adapt his game style or his knee needs to get better.

Regular in the Side
    Rohan for Jetta as sub. LRT (or TDL) for AJ in the 22

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    It seemed to me Kirk was hanging around the club last week and we won.
    Take him with the team to the Cattery, send him down the street to fetch the oranges, have him knitting in the corner of the sheds..... meditating in the grandstand among the Cat fans... long as his presence is tangible. should do the trick again.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    A few knee reconstructions happened to him and they have robbed him of kicking distance. He used to have a nice low penetrating 50-60m kick but this seems lost. Yesterday, like the Mal of old, he took a quick handball and tried for a long goal only to fall well short. He needs to adapt his game style or his knee needs to get better.
    A couple of times he was shown up right in front of me - most noticeably when Farren Ray dropped him cold and kept running past Reiwoldt after disposing to him and Mal stopped chasing for a second. Ray ran on to kick a goal and Mal was 3 metres off the pace. This happened a fair bit through the game. His loss in pace is extremely noticeable and if he plays on a hard running player again he'll get burnt. Can't expect anything else after another knee reco though! I wasn't that aware of Johnno's injury and was convinced they were going to pull Mal off for Rohan.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Jetta will not get a sniff at the cattery, Meredith for Jetta give him a bloody chance (approx 1/22 of Jetta's chances) , AJ maybe, Bevo he once did a good job on Johnson a few years ago, or will it be LRT if AJ is still crook. If ever we need harder bodies it's at Kardinia...
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

I actually think Alex Johnson would be a perfect matchup on Steve Johnson. He's got the height to negate him, the speed and agility to stay with him, and he seems to read the ball coming in very well. I'd start with AJ on SJ, with Smith taking one of Geelong's other smalls.

Johnson on Johnson, no more tears!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I would't mind seeing Smith tag a midfielder to start with.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast