Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 23 V The Cats

Veteran Site Admin
    It is unrealistic to think we have a player in the reserves who can come in and deliver at the level we expect from McVeigh. But in terms of a replacement player, surely Meredith is the most obvious one. He deserves the chance to play a few senior games, was excellent last week in the reserves, and is probably the closest player on the list to Macca in terms of the role he is ideally suited to.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is unrealistic to think we have a player in the reserves who can come in and deliver at the level we expect from McVeigh. But in terms of a replacement player, surely Meredith is the most obvious one. He deserves the chance to play a few senior games, was excellent last week in the reserves, and is probably the closest player on the list to Macca in terms of the role he is ideally suited to.
    How about Bulldog??? Harder body and against the seasoned cats may be a better option than Meredith. He is in form too.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

What's the story with Parker? If he's fit to go he could be a suitable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yeah he has to be the one.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

While he didn't play there last week, McVeigh has spent a fair bit of time at HF this year. With Rohan likely to start and play at HB, I can see Gordon getting a run at HF. That's what I'd like to see anyway.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    While he didn't play there last week, McVeigh has spent a fair bit of time at HF this year. With Rohan likely to start and play at HB, I can see Gordon getting a run at HF. That's what I'd like to see anyway.
    Would love to see him get another go at seniors this year after all his effort in the reserves. Fingers are crossed.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    How about Bulldog??? Harder body and against the seasoned cats may be a better option than Meredith. He is in form too.
    I have visions of the desperate look on Moore's face as he unsuccessfully grasps at a passing Cat. Todd Balym has just said it will be Parker: rightly so.

Regular in the Side
    Gordon has had ressies watchers in raptures - would love to see him across HF ... However Parker a ready made replacement for McVeigh.

Got to remember some injury concerns still around Johnson and Spangher so may see a few other forced changes (hope not though!)

Outs: Jetta, Johnson, McVeigh
    Ins: Parker, Meredith, Nipper

Rohan to start halfback.

Here's me hoping

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

Rohan to start halfback.

Here's me hoping
    More likely to be Spang out than Jets.

i think moore might start as sub. come in when everyone else is buggered, he might look faster, not that the cats are a particularly fast running side
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

Rohan to start halfback.

Here's me hoping
    Hope that's only assuming Johnson is injured. He's best 22 as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a single time this year that he's been beaten.

Also, while Parker is better than Jetta, Jetta is coming off his best game of football intensity-wise, and his best half of combined ball-winning, tackling, etc, for the year, while Parker has played one quarter of football over the last 2 weeks. Jetta makes a perfect sub as well, so for these reasons I'm kinda leaning towards keeping Jetta.
    Last edited by BSA5; 25th August 2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast