Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 23 V The Cats

We haven't conceded more than 15 goals in a game all year. Their current forward line doesn't scare me. This game will be a lot closer than most on this thread are predicting.

I would love to win this, but I can't see it happening. Adding the fact that the Swans family has endured a very tough week, you'd understand the players not being able to completely focus on the game or have the ideal preparation for it.

In the context of home finals, we'll need to minimise the amount of points they put on us. Our percentage is very important.

On team selections, I think it was the right decision for Jets to miss this game and I'd love to see Gaz have a full game, fitness permitting.

Go Swans.

Pretty happy with the changes, though still might have liked to see Nipper before Meredith. But I thought Meredith was decent 2 weeks ago, so good luck to him!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Umpires

2. Michael VOZZO (22 wins 21 losses 51.2%)
    15. Mathew NICHOLLS (11 wins 5 losses 68.8%)
    26. Jason ARMSTRONG (2 wins 4 losses 1 draw 28.6%)

EM: 14. Heath RYAN (2 wins 1 loss 66.7%)

This year
    Vozzo umpired the Gold Coast win
    Nicholls umpired the West Coast and Brisbane wins
    Armstrong umpired the Geelong and Carlton (Docklands) losses, Melbourne draw, Richmond (SCG) win

H.Ryan has umpired no Swans games this year
    Welcome Back!!

Tbh I don't really care if we win or lose this. For some reason I've had a good vibe about this game for a couple of months now, not necessarily that we'll win but that we'll play well, give it our all, and at the very least give them a run for their money. All you can ask, really.

That's not meant to sound fatalistic though. @@@@ that, they're just a footy team, there's no reason we can't win. But even if we go down, so long as we can compete then I can accept the loss to a better side.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Still would have loved TDL in that forward line too.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Tbh I don't really care if we win or lose this. For some reason I've had a good vibe about this game for a couple of months now, not necessarily that we'll win but that we'll play well, give it our all, and at the very least give them a run for their money. All you can ask, really.

That's not meant to sound fatalistic though. @@@@ that, they're just a footy team, there's no reason we can't win. But even if we go down, so long as we can compete then I can accept the loss to a better side.
    @@@@ yeah! Positivity! Stick it up em sydney.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    We haven't conceded more than 15 goals in a game all year. Their current forward line doesn't scare me. This game will be a lot closer than most on this thread are predicting.
    Stevie Johnson usually has a day out against us, has kicked 6+ against us the last few times at KP. Hard to see anyone in our team who can stop him.

Smith will probably be the unlucky man to get the job

Veterans List
    Teddy for Johnson - and count the soft frees? He's a great shot on goal but jeez he plays for the frees. I've decided he'd be one of those kids it was easy to hate at high school.

And we have to have better delivery into our forwards or Scarlett will just set of rebound goals all day.

I think Malceski is lucky to hold his place.
    I would of liked to see Nipper get a run.
    With Meredith playing off the HB line and Nipper off the HF line.
    But Geelong in Geelong....I suppose it's just deck chair shuffling.
    Though I do get the feeling we'll give a good account of ourselves this week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Though I do get the feeling we'll give a good account of ourselves this week.
    So do I.

This SMH article wonders if "this is it" for Kennelly. Could be premature; more likely they're just giving him a good run in the seconds, hoping to get form back for finals?

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/i...825-1jcfk.html

Anybody know what time they usually fly out for a Saturday arvo game in Victoria? Because I just saw Matt Spangher and Jude Bolton at a cafe near the SCG (Micky O was there too!). Given both have been under an injury cloud recently, might be some concern. That said, they were in their Swans trackies, so they might have just been grabbing a bite before they go, I don't know.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast