View Poll Results: Round 23 - Geelong

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans - 40 points or more (the miracle option)

1 2.38%
  • Swans - between 20 and 39 points

1 2.38%
  • Swans - between 10 and 19 points

5 11.90%
  • Swans - between 1 and 9 points

5 11.90%
  • Match Drawn

2 4.76%
  • Geelong - between 1 and 9 points

0 0%
  • Geelong - between 10 and 19 points

6 14.29%
  • Geelong - between 20 and 39 points

12 28.57%
  • Geelong - 40 points or more (the conservative option)

10 23.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 23 - Geelong

Having watched a replay not particularly confident about keeping the margin of loss under 60.

If Koschitzke and Dawson were playing we would really have struggled. Losing your fullback and full forward is tough. To have it happen the day before a game is worse.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Having watched a replay not particularly confident about keeping the margin of loss under 60.

If Koschitzke and Dawson were playing we would really have struggled. Losing your fullback and full forward is tough. To have it happen the day before a game is worse.
    What makes you say that? We didn't win because of our key forwards, or their lack of key talls. We won because we dominated in the midfield. Given McEvoy is a better ruckman than Kosi anyway (Kosi better up forward), I can't see how their inclusions would have made all that much difference.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

You can get 51-1 on sportsbet for a Swans win 40pts plus. Wouldn't that be something..........

On the Rookie List
    I think it is a win for us if we get within 5 goals of them down there. Cant possibly tip the swans to win unfortuneately. Cats by 27.

The key is not to get smashed!. Fickle Cats supporters in my office are actually worried (I can't understand why)
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Dogzbody View Post
    The key is not to get smashed!. Fickle Cats supporters in my office are actually worried (I can't understand why)
    If they're worried, good. They might sense that something's not quite right with their team, something below the radar.

The key for us to win this week is getting off to a fast start. We've got to put scoreboard pressure on them straight away and just not let up. Easier said than done I know, but there was plenty of evidence against the Saints of that sort of relentless mind-set.

Living in 2005
    Play as well as Sunday and combine with accuracy and we are a sneaky chance, but I'd be happy with a big effort and under 30 point loss. We need to be primed for Brisbane, they are throwing everything at their games including the kitchen sink, so we need to get a lot of positives out of this Geelong game.

Geelong are coming off the bye and a reasonably ordinary game against Adelaide, so take it up to them and see where it gets us! Got to kick @@@@ing goals though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I can't see how their inclusions would have made all that much difference.
    You can't see how losing your full forward and fullback the day before a match would effect the result?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

You can't see how losing your full forward and fullback the day before a match would effect the result?
    Ross Lyon said "we were obliterated in the midfield, end of story" so no, I can't see those 2 players affecting the result.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Not when your FF is inconsistent, your FB is a spud, and the game was won in the midfield.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Not when your FF is inconsistent, your FB is a spud, and the game was won in the midfield.
    Yep.. I dunno why they picked em in the first place really.

Regular in the Side
    Here's a serious reality test: not only have the Cats won the last 29 games at Kardina, but in all but one such win (namely 2009 Round 18 v. Adelaide) the margin has been in each and every one of those 28
    Other wins more than 26 points. Scary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123