Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ANZ Stadium

It's not a very good place to watch games from either, or maybe my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    It's not a very good place to watch games from either, or maybe my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be
    Haven't like watching anything there since I went to the Olympic Opening Ceremony

Rehearsal.

It's just the way it was designed, it's very poor in my view. Compare it to Docklands and the MCG and it's chalk and cheese.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Haven't like watching anything there since I went to the Olympic Opening Ceremony
    Rehearsal.

It's just the way it was designed, it's very poor in my view. Compare it to Docklands and the MCG and it's chalk and cheese.
    Is that what that smell is?

Haven't like watching anything there since I went to the Olympic Opening Ceremony Rehearsal.

Well, the design can't be that bad, because as well as league, union, AFL and soccer, the stadium can now host international cricket, and is going to have it's own team in the Big Bash competition.

Happy and I know it
    Let's not assume that the games that are there are for the comfort of the crowd. It's all about money, not design. Larger crowds = more gate money. Also several teams are subsidised to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Well, the design can't be that bad, because as well as league, union, AFL and soccer, the stadium can now host international cricket, and is going to have it's own team in the Big Bash competition.
    What's that got to do with it??

I'm talking about the viewing pleasure of the fans and not whether the ground can accommodate certain sports. I've been in the back row of the MCG which is better viewing than half way up Level 6 at Homebush (State of Origin 2005). I couldn't imagine what it's like in the back row at Homebush. It's a shame the ground is so crap because the parking and access is so much better than the SCG. Transplant the SCG out to Homebush and you would have the perfect venue imo.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Have only been there once as a kid and remember it being okay to watch the game. Then again, we pumped Essendon so thats probably why i enjoyed it. I do Rememebr it being a bastard trying to get in there though. Horrendous Traffic jam then getting on a shuttle bus once in the venue . Is my memory correct or am i thinking of somewhere else ?

What's that got to do with it??

I'm talking about the viewing pleasure of the fans and not whether the ground can accommodate certain sports. I've been in the back row of the MCG which is better viewing than half way up Level 6 at Homebush (State of Origin 2005). I couldn't imagine what it's like in the back row at Homebush. It's a shame the ground is so crap because the parking and access is so much better than the SCG. Transplant the SCG out to Homebush and you would have the perfect venue imo.
    A great deal, actually.

I don't know if you've been to a Big Bash game at Homebush, but there's absolutely no sight-screen obstruction for spectators to contend with. The reason is the elevated angle of Level 1. This makes it possible to cover the seating behind the wicket with a black tarpaulin, and create the sight-screen effect.

And having watched AFL from Level 1 in the members section at the MCG, I'd have to say you get a somewhat better view from Level 1 at ANZ Stadium, for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    A great deal, actually.

I don't know if you've been to a Big Bash game at Homebush, but there's absolutely no sight-screen obstruction for spectators to contend with. The reason is the elevated angle of Level 1. This makes it possible to cover the seating behind the wicket with a black tarpaulin, and create the sight-screen effect.

And having watched AFL from Level 1 in the members section at the MCG, I'd have to say you get a somewhat better view from Level 1 at ANZ Stadium, for the same reason.
    Of all the cricket I've been to at the SCG, I haven't had one issue with the sight screen so it wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm going to a big bash match this summer so it'll be interesting to see the difference the black tarp makes.

At the end of the day it's just a matter of opinion. Personally I have never sat anywhere at Homebush that is better than similiar areas of the MCG, SCG and Docklands.

Veterans List
    As this is the current stadium thread, can I say how annoyed I was to see that there were advertisements in the illuminated boundary during the Saints game saying how unAustralian it is to stop problem gamblers from giving all their money to clubs and pokies. Is that a statement on where the AFL stands on the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This article (or the comments reported in it) are laughable. The AFLPA says the players say it is unacceptable. Adrian and Andy reckon it is just dandy. Which of them actually played on the surface?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226119985246
    I like the part where it's improved since the Collingwood game. WOuld that be the one where our players were pulling 10 inch long metal spikes out of the pitch? Woo hoo!! Breakthough.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    As this is the current stadium thread, can I say how annoyed I was to see that there were advertisements in the illuminated boundary during the Saints game saying how unAustralian it is to stop problem gamblers from giving all their money to clubs and pokies. Is that a statement on where the AFL stands on the issue?
    I can't answer your actual question but that is not what the ads say. I believe they say it's un-Australian to make you get a license to gamble. Aside from hating the phrase "un-Australian", I tend to agree with the general sentiment. Save me from the puritanical, interfering nanny state, and let me choose my own vices, please!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast