Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports - Trade Bait Article

Fox Sports - Trade Bait Article

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-...-1226119697295

SYDNEY SWANS

The big fish: Swans fans will be sick of hearing Ryan O?Keefe?s name raised during trade week, but the roaming forward has often been linked to a return to Melbourne and could make an instant impact at a club contending for a premiership.

Small fry: Jesse White, Mark Seaby, Trent Dennis-Lane.

TDL will be at GWS next year I guarantee it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    The big fish: Swans fans will be sick of hearing Ryan O?Keefe?s name raised during trade week, but the roaming forward has often been linked to a return to Melbourne and could make an instant impact at a club contending for a premiership.
    We'd deserve to be arrested for larceny if we got anything decent for ROK at this stage of his career. If we were offered anything half decent, I'd take it in a heartbeat...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

How original is this article?

If ROK is out of cotract he can go anyway.

I'd be happy to trade him in a situation similar to the grant-Schwass trade from a decade ago. Not much use left for him on our list and if we can get something decent in return.

Why do you think TDL will be at GWS? There is a reason he has not featured in the firsts much this year but this is only his second season in the top grade.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post

Why do you think TDL will be at GWS? There is a reason he has not featured in the firsts much this year but this is only his second season in the top grade.
    He's getting absolutely no game time with the swans, and already lives in Sydney and he's young....... fits their mold perfectly IMHO.

Not that contracts mean jack if both parties agree, but didn't ROK sign a 4-year deal when negotiations broke down and a deal couldn't be reached when we hawked him around last time?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

He's getting absolutely no game time with the swans, and already lives in Sydney and he's young....... fits their mold perfectly IMHO.
    Can't speak for GWS but I would imagine Bulldog would be the perfect fit for them. They are already going to draft a lot of the best young talent in the game and they need a hard bodied general like bulldog to guide them around. He's been utterly outstanding this year with the youngsters in the reserves.

Having said that if TDL did leave I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep. I still think that with a lot of work he'll make a good AFL player but we have a kid in the ressies whose harder and more agressive at the contest than TDL and also has similiar footy smarts. Anyone who reads the Reserves reports will know who I have the big man love going for.
    Last edited by Big Al; 25th August 2011 at 09:23 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    You'd think after Vez that other teams may be slow to jump at under performing young Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Can't speak for GWS but I would imagine Bulldog would be the perfect fit for them. They are already going to draft a lot of the best young talent in the game and they need a hard bodied general like bulldog to guide them around. He's been utterly outstanding this year with the youngsters in the reserves.

Having said that if TDL did leave I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep. I still think that with a lot of work he'll make a good AFL player but we have a kid in the ressies whose harder and more agressive at the contest than TDL and also has similiar footy smarts. Anyone who reads the Reserves reports will know who I have the big man love going for.
    I'd be absolutely shattered if Bulldog left us, I just luv the way he plays.......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Not that contracts mean jack if both parties agree, but didn't ROK sign a 4-year deal when negotiations broke down and a deal couldn't be reached when we hawked him around last time?
    That's what I thought too.
    Here's a link to the "O'Keefe 'to play out career' with Swans" article.

Blog Entries
    I'd be absolutely shattered if Bulldog left us, I just luv the way he plays.......
    Me too, but he hasn't done much in the seniors and seems out of favour ATM.
    We are bound to lose some players this year to GWS, and if we are serious about getting a power forward, we'll need to offer some decent players up.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Me too, but he hasn't done much in the seniors and seems out of favour ATM.
    We are bound to lose some players this year to GWS, and if we are serious about getting a power forward, we'll need to offer some decent players up.
    I wonder if the Fevanator is worth a punt, kicking bags of goals in the VFL.........

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Bulldog looks like a perfect fit, at a very cheap price, for GWS.
    I'll be very surprised if they don't make a play for him.
    Given he's getting no game time for the Swans 1st's, even a 3rd round draft pick, preferably next year, would be a win win IMO.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast