Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roos or Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    True, although they might trouble us, they played quite well against collingwood and our record at the SCG this year has been far from impressive. It would be better going into this game with a finals spot wrapped up IMO, afterall is ANZ stadium that much of an advantage for us anyway should we all be wanting for a home final?
    Homebush with all it's faults is still a greater advantage than any interstate venue.

V Essendon at Homebush
    V Carlton at Docklands

I know which I prefer.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Any result that has that pathetic excuse for a football club called St Kilda missing the finals, I am there front and centre as head cheerleader.

On that basis, I'm all for a North win, and by lots, followed by a Carlton win.

Cannot believe the love for North on this thread!! I have been waiting 4 years for it! Good luck for the last two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Cannot believe the love for North on this thread!! I have been waiting 4 years for it! Good luck for the last two rounds.
    Norf is just the lesser of 2 evils and it also suits our home final aspirations. That's all.
    Last edited by Big Al; 26th August 2011 at 09:04 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Make the most of it kanga - it won't last.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I guess "hoping they beat a finals rival" is the closest thing to love the Roos can expect, eh?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Its like choosing between Ghengis Kahn and Vlad the Impaler.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Vlad the Impaler.

Vlad doesn't look so scary.

It occasionally happens when your club is so inconsequential....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It occasionally happens when your club is so inconsequential....
    ..yes and yours will go deep in the finals no doubt. Great form leading up to September!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Surely we want the Roos to win and win by plenty if possible to give us a chance of a home final.

Bottom line, if we can't beat Brisbane, regardless of the pressure etc., we have no place being in the finals anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If we can't beat the Lions at home we don't deserve a finals spot. So on that basis I want the Roos to win. This may give us a home final and the very sweet possibility that the Saints may miss the finals.

Edit: BBB and I are not the same person.
    That's what happens when you synchronise your brains staring at the gatorade stand simultaneously.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

GO ROOS TONIGHT after our win today!!
    Swannies for life!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast