Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That was the best win since...

Ever.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Since 2005 Semi-Final v Geelong?

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    On paper the best win since Carlton in 1995. However victories against Carlton (R 11 1996); Collingwood (R6 2003); Port Adelaide (QF 2003); St Kilda (R11 2004); Geelong (SF 2005); St Kilda (PF 2005); Eagles (GF 2005); Eagles(QF 2006); all stand out
    I'd draw parallels with the Port Adelaide (QF 2003).

A few similarities. Away at what was a fortress, noone gave us a chance - but the Swan supporters had an inkling.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Beating Carlton at Princes Park in '96 and ending a similar very long run of home wins would rate similar to todays victory...
    The game that made me a Swans supporter. Next week turned up with over 40,000 at the SCG to watch them beat Geelong....hooked for life, the obsession began

Veterans List
    Well that was all right then wasn't it?

Senior Player
    There are many kinds of win. Wins that break a long losing streak. Or another teams long winning streak. Wins that get you into finals, or win grand finals. Wins that instill confidence in the side.

They're all different, depending on what the win brings. What did we win today? A spot in the finals, for sure and fame as the team that broke Geelong's streak. But today, I think the team won for one another and especially for Jarrad. That's a very special kind of win.

Really looking forward to watching the replay. What an incredible effort it must of been.

When's the last time a team paying $1.08 at home got rolled?

This club never ceased to amaze me.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

BUt only until we beat Collingwood in the 2011 GF
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

On the Rookie List
    This makes up for some of the heartbreak we've had this year. You earn respect with wins like this against all the odds. Couldn't be happier with the effort the boys showed today. If this win leads to us getting a home final it's importance can't be underestimated because it means in all likelihood at least two finals at year end. This experience for the younger players will be invaluable.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Pushing for Selection
    I caught the dying minutes of the game on W.A. ABC. What a great result! "Exitus acta probat" The true Bloods spirit appears to have resurfaced. Let's hope the hunger and desperation is back and it doesn't require a most unfortunate event to rekindle the Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Beating Carlton at Princes Park in '96 and ending a similar very long run of home wins would rate similar to todays victory...
    Today def had that same eery sense of anything is possible now about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I'd draw parallels with the Port Adelaide (QF 2003).

A few similarities. Away at what was a fortress, noone gave us a chance - but the Swan supporters had an inkling.
    Yep. My favourite game ever for exactly the same reasons. Because the other Cat game had a brilliant Quarter only. And the WC game, we had a chance from the start. And the GF, well hell we were IN the GF.

I do believe somewhere in amongst the threads I predicted an Upset. I am so impressed with myself!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast