Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That was the best win since...

That was the best win since...

In terms of home and away victories....that would be one of the BEST!!

Probably best win since Grand Final 2005.

Oh what joy here!
    Swannies for life!

Living in 2005
    I'd go with best win since 2006 Qualifying Final V West Coast, but either way, I'm on a Swans related high and can not wait for the joy of re-living it on every sports show known to man over the next week!!

sliced bread.

I can't believe it - I watched the 1st half of the 1st quarter this afternoon before going off to my regular casual soccer game. I took my phone with me which I never usually do to keep track of the score. Anyway I ended up leaving 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter as I just had this feeling that we were going to pull it out of the hat and got home to watch the last quarter. You little beauty - so so so so stoked with that win! This season will still probably come to nothing, but that win today, with all that has happened this week may just be the win that makes this team turn into a Premiership force in the coming years!

CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE!

Now its time to go and watch the replay so I can see the whole of the performance!

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    I am soooo @@@@ing happy right now! Tonight I will celebrate in geelong on behalf of all swans!

Warming the Bench
    Awesome game to watch still got the adrenaline pumping, now to sit down later on and watch the kanga's beat the saints.
    Last edited by Cpt. Kirk; 27th August 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Regular in the Side
    On paper the best win since Carlton in 1995. However victories against Carlton (R 11 1996); Collingwood (R6 2003); Port Adelaide (QF 2003); St Kilda (R11 2004); Geelong (SF 2005); St Kilda (PF 2005); Eagles (GF 2005); Eagles(QF 2006); all stand out

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    On paper the best win since Carlton in 1995. However victories against Collingwood (R6 2003); Port Adelaide (QF 2003); Geelong (SF 2005);
    Beating Carlton at Princes Park in '96 and ending a similar very long run of home wins would rate similar to todays victory...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    Against Freo at Subiaco last year - let's not get too carried away

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Beating Carlton at Princes Park in '96 and ending a similar very long run of home wins would rate similar to todays victory...
    That was a very memorable victory wasn't it. Apart from the GF then the victory at Princes Park would have to be as memorable.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    I am soooo @@@@ing happy right now! Tonight I will celebrate in geelong on behalf of all swans!
    I'll be out in Geelong too! If you see some 6'3" bloke singing the swans song it will probably be me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast