Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick and Dan - 50 games

Regular in the Side

Nick and Dan - 50 games

One a rookie listed player and one who burst on to the scene at 18 but both Nick Smith and Dan Hannebery will play their 50th games against Brisbane next week.

Awesome effort by both of them!

A nice piece on Smith to start the commendations
    Smith in plain sight - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Two of the best! And with the way some of the younger boys are getting consistent starts, there will be more milestones on the horizon.

On the Rookie List
    oh wow, I didn't realise Nick Smith is playing only his 50th game next week! yay for both of them!

although the photo in that article is not of Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    One a rookie listed player and one who burst on to the scene at 18 but both Nick Smith and Dan Hannebery will play their 50th games against Brisbane next week.

Awesome effort by both of them!

A nice piece on Smith to start the commendations
    Smith in plain sight - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    Maybe this is just me, but that photo looks more like Brett Meredith than Nick Smith.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Swans Website fail. Clearly the pic is of Meredith not Agent Smith.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Maybe this is just me, but that photo looks more like Brett Meredith than Nick Smith.
    It's not just you

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    They illustrate the different ways you can make it in the AFL. One is a highly regarded junior selected in the second round of the National Draft and played senior footy in his first year and has wide recognition due to his Rising Star win while the other had to scrap his way through the rookie draft and plenty of reserves games and will elicit a "Who?" from many opposition supporters yet both are important members of the team now and dare I say it ( for I dislike the term ) future leaders of the club

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They illustrate the different ways you can make it in the AFL. One is a highly regarded junior selected in the second round of the National Draft and played senior footy in his first year and has wide recognition due to his Rising Star win while the other had to scrap his way through the rookie draft and plenty of reserves games and will elicit a "Who?" from many opposition supporters yet both are important members of the team now and dare I say it ( for I dislike the term ) future leaders of the club
    I don't particularly follow underage footy, but right from when he arrived at the Swans, Smith looked a likely type. He was skinny but his football brain was immediately evident. I don't think it is just the benefit of hindsight that raises the question of why he lasted through to the rookie draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Swans Website fail. Clearly the pic is of Meredith not Agent Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    It's not just you
    Thank Heaven, I thought I was going nuts.
    It's shocking when the newspapers get our players wrong but when our own website does?????

Someone at the club must be reading RWO, they've fixed the photo so it now actually IS Nick.

How good is that background with AJ, Reid, Hannebery and Parker. The future! (Please sign with us asap Reid)

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    looks like they've fixed it.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast