Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

Something to play for - possble home final at SCG

SCG under consideration should Sydney earn a home final in week 1. Not because of the ANZ's appalling surface but because league gets first dibs on it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...829-1jie0.html
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I'd love another final at the SCG. LOVE one. Please make it happen football gods??

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I'd love another final at the SCG. LOVE one. Please make it happen football gods??
    +1000

Let's just hope we do our bit and beat the Lions and then sit down and destroy a bit of our soul in cheering the blues. :eek
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Considering our record there this year, if the final does get moved to the SCG, we'd better pray that it doesn't rain.

And while we're on the subject, we'd better pray it doesn't rain this Saturday night, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Considering our record there this year, if the final does get moved to the SCG, we'd better pray that it doesn't rain. And while we're on the subject, we'd better pray it doesn't rain this Saturday night, either.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I'm by no means a lover of ANZ but this season we have been far more impressive at ANZ then the SCG. I'm struggling to think of one decent game (including Port) that we have played at the SCG this year.

Veterans List

Sydney final may be at SCG

"THE AFL could be forced to move the Sydney-St Kilda elimination final away from ANZ Stadium to the SCG should the Swans win the right to host a home final.
    In what could prove a fillip for rookie coach John Longmire, the league confirmed last night that there was a question mark over the availability of the much-maligned Homebush ground due to NRL commitments."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1WSlWrLbf

Regular in the Side
    I have a feeling the only way this would happen would be if Swans were to play fri night (highly, extremely unlikely) as this is when the NRL is scheduled ... So it's a very, very unlikely possibility. Happy to be proven wrong though!

The fact that Adrian Anderson is conceding that ANZ has problems with the surface, rather than the usual 'everything's rosey' line the AFL takes on all lines of criticism, means they may be seriously thinking of telling ANZ to shove it.

It is just not feasible to expect a good surface when 24hrs previous the stands are pulled in over the ground and a game of league/union/soccer is played on it. If the AFL can be the first game of the weekend, it means the ground can be prepared for a week leading up to the game and gives them some chance to get an acceptable surface.

It would be great if it happens though. Should be a chance for 40K+ at the SCG if promoted heavily and would be a sensational atmosphere...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    A Friday night final at the SCG. Here we go again . . .

I won't plan anything for Saturday in case I'm still out partying like last time.

Living in 2005
    I hope the AFL make the SCG happen. I'm sure they can buy off ANZ anyway by promising an extra game sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    A Friday night final at the SCG. Here we go again . . .
    It's hard to imagine it being on Fri night though.

Which of the other games will they move to Etihad? Even given the Pies are playing an interstate side, you wouldn't fit the whole Collingwood member base in Etihad, let alone any casual observers. The AFL will surely maximise attendances by playing all 3 games at the MCG on Fri, Sat and Sun.

I feel sure that the Swans game will be on Sat night, regardless of whether in Melb or Sydney. TV will make sure of that so they can beam it live across the country, including into Sydney which would be the only time they would get an audience.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It's hard to imagine it being on Fri night though.

Which of the other games will they move to Etihad? Even given the Pies are playing an interstate side, you wouldn't fit the whole Collingwood member base in Etihad, let alone any casual observers. The AFL will surely maximise attendances by playing all 3 games at the MCG on Fri, Sat and Sun.

I feel sure that the Swans game will be on Sat night, regardless of whether in Melb or Sydney. TV will make sure of that so they can beam it live across the country, including into Sydney which would be the only time they would get an audience.
    Yeah it will be Saturday for certain either way, basically will come down to what Channel 10 wants then.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast