Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

Can we beat Brisbane first?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Can we beat Brisbane first?
    Contingency planning - nothing wrong with that.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Contingency planning - nothing wrong with that.
    Absolutely. It adds to the excitement as well.

I'm now eagerly awaiting the mailman to deliver our barcodes for the GF ticket pay the non-refundable $7 ripoff for a chance at the lottery...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    I know people like Beaussie will hate me, but I hope St Blunda gets up next weekend. 3 trips to Sydney in 4 weeks for me is just too much to handle (and it is ALWAYS about ME you know! ).

The Aints at Etihad would actually be more advantageous than playing at ANZ would, in terms of the playing surface and field configurations. But we just beat them at ANZ.

JF
    The Home and Away record in recent years particularly favours the home team. Witness:

In Sydney since the Qualifying Final 1998- 12 games 9 wins 3 losses. The 3 losses were all close and controversial: 2006 2 points in the rain; 2009 1 point being near major upset; 2010 8 points where Riewiodt got too many soft or not there free kicks.

In Melbourne since May 2001, Sydney have won just 1 game out of 10: 2005 Preliminary Final. 8 losses and I very disappointing draw in 2002.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Age View Post
    "In what could prove a fillip for rookie coach John Longmire, the league confirmed last night that there was a question mark over the availability of the much-maligned Homebush ground due to NRL commitments."
    Unless Manly are planning to play their home final at ANZ instead of Brookvale, there's no way there can be a clash with the NRL.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Please please please let it end up at the SCG. 30K+ packed in the SCG vs 30K+ spread sparsely across the dump that is ANZ - no contest at all!

I'd reckon its bolted on to be a Saturday game, whether it's in Melbourne or Sydney -for the reasons others have said about the other 3 games being at the MCG. Geelong-Hawthorn to kick things off on Friday night, Collingwood - Wet Toast on Saturday arvo, us St Kilda on Saturday night and Carlton - Essendon on Sunday afternoon would be my guess - although if we play in Melbourne I wouldn't be suprised to see ours be the Saturday afternoon final either.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Unless Manly are planning to play their home final at ANZ instead of Brookvale, there's no way there can be a clash with the NRL.
    Wests Tigers are currently 4th, the NRL still uses the McIntyre system 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    NRL has changed its policy - no home ground finals for Sydney teams this year.... i.e. any Sydney based finals (Manly and possibly the Tigers/Dragons) will have to play their home final at the SFS or ANZ. I'd expect if possible both will be at the SFS on Friday and Saturday night -but Manly have said they may choose to play their game at ANZ rather than the SFS. I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out to be Tigers vs Dragons in week 1 of the finals that the NRL directs the game to be played at ANZ. There is a definite chance of a clash in my opinion - or at very least a even more damaged surface at ANZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It is just not feasible to expect a good surface when 24hrs previous the stands are pulled in over the ground and a game of league/union/soccer is played on it. If the AFL can be the first game of the weekend, it means the ground can be prepared for a week leading up to the game and gives them some chance to get an acceptable surface...
    You can bet the NRL will do everything it can to make life difficult for the AFL when it comes to these sort of scheduling clashes.
    Last edited by Cheer Squad; 30th August 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    You can bet the NRL will do everything it can to make life difficult for the AFL when it comes to these sortof scheduling clashes.
    Suits me. Let's go play at the SCG...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    You can bet the NRL will do everything it can to make life difficult for the AFL when it comes to these sortof scheduling clashes.
    Despite what was written in the other thread I am not like the Fev so I won't take that bet. However any thing the NRL does to get a home final moved to the SCG has my support. Actually I might ring the NRL now as a concerned NRL fan to make sure the naughty AFL are forced to move the game.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    According to Todd Balym on twitter:

Swans fans dreamin final at SCG - NRL has ANZ booked Sat nite if Manly v StGeo. For that to happen, Drags must lose Penrith, NZ must bt NQ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast