Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Unless Manly are planning to play their home final at ANZ instead of Brookvale, there's no way there can be a clash with the NRL.
    According to reports, Manly will play their home final at ANZ or SFS and not Brookvale (which surprises me to be honest)

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    According to Todd Balym on twitter:

Swans fans dreamin final at SCG - NRL has ANZ booked Sat nite if Manly v StGeo. For that to happen, Drags must lose Penrith, NZ must bt NQ
    Interesting. Be a bit of a shock if the Dragons lost to Penrith, but they have been a bit out of touch. You'd doubt a Manly V Warriors would need anything more than Brookvale.

All this anticipation of a home final is mouthwatering stuff but it does involve supporting Carlton over the Saints. I feel dirty allready. Even if we get the result we want, will I be able to face myself Sunday morning?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksngravy View Post
    All this anticipation of a home final is mouthwatering stuff but it does involve supporting Carlton over the Saints. I feel dirty allready. Even if we get the result we want, will I be able to face myself Sunday morning?
    No problem for me - I supported the Pies over the saints last year. It's just so much fun watching that team lose.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksngravy View Post
    haha It's OK to support them when Carlton winning does nothing for them except help us (persuming we help ourselves against Brisbane)

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Dear Swans, Thanks heaps for the FREE TICKET to the game on Saturday via mail (e) today.
    Great promo and greatly appreciated....
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Please please please let it end up at the SCG. 30K+ packed in the SCG vs 30K+ spread sparsely across the dump that is ANZ - no contest at all!

I'd reckon its bolted on to be a Saturday game, whether it's in Melbourne or Sydney -for the reasons others have said about the other 3 games being at the MCG. Geelong-Hawthorn to kick things off on Friday night, Collingwood - Wet Toast on Saturday arvo, us St Kilda on Saturday night and Carlton - Essendon on Sunday afternoon would be my guess - although if we play in Melbourne I wouldn't be suprised to see ours be the Saturday afternoon final either.
    Please please please it must be Saturday, I have Mary Poppins tickets for the Friday night as I never thought we'd get a home final on a Friday night - I will have to forfeit $260 worth of Mary Poppins tickets if its Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Please please please it must be Saturday, I have Mary Poppins tickets for the Friday night as I never thought we'd get a home final on a Friday night - I will have to forfeit $260 worth of Mary Poppins tickets if its Friday night.
    Punishment for the Richmond Gameday thread....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

My band has a show on Friday. Last time this happened Swans beat Geelong at SCG (good omen?)
    Last edited by bondy; 30th August 2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: missed details

Can't beat Julie Andrews in the movie. Get it on DVD.

We won't get Friday night anyway because the elimination finals are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Punishment for the Richmond Gameday thread....
    LOL - well said. That's what I get for bagging the team (I didn't mean to really - I was just mad)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Interesting. Be a bit of a shock if the Dragons lost to Penrith, but they have been a bit out of touch. You'd doubt a Manly V Warriors would need anything more than Brookvale.
    As I said in an earlier post - the NRL has changed its policy so that Sydney based teams play at either the SFS or ANZ in week 1. I.e. Manly can not choose to play its home final at Brookvale. Which to me is natural justice- after all it was Manly fans that whinged last year about Saints having their final at Kogarah that led the NRL to change the rule. But I digress - I want a Saturday game as well if possible, as being a St George fan I'm hoping to come up for both games, and I do think they'll beat Penrith on Friday, which most likely will see them play the Tigers in week 1 of the finals on Friday night, which can mean I can do it all in one trip!

I reckon it's guaranteed to be Saturday though - although it would not suprise me if it was the Saturday afternoon game however. My thinking there is that the AFL would line up the Geelong - Hawthorn and Sydney - St Kilda games and then the Collingwood - Wet Toast and Carlton Essendon games on Sat Night/Sun afternoon so as to make the amount of time off before week 2 as similar as possible for both teams in each match.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast