Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

West Coast will fly to Collingwood - can't change
    Geelong and Hawthorn play at the MCG no matter what happens next week
    Carlton can't change out of 5th, which should see them play Essendon in the first week, unless:

• Essendon beat Port Adelaide by 70
    • Sydney lose to Brisbane by 50

Or some variation where the total point swing is in the region of 130+

Essendon should lay the smack down on Port but as long as we can keep the Lions game close, we are playing St Kilda.

So assuming that, the only question is whether we St Kilda away or at ANZ Stadium.

Feel free to flame me if I have the equation entirely wrong.

SB

PS - I am slightly concerned by the form the Lions have been showing in the last few weeks - they gave West Coast a decent shake last night.

Happy and I know it
    And I am slightly concerned that the Swans will come down from their high and not be able to play with the same intensity next week.

I was thinking that as well - but on the other hand a win light that might give them confidence and spur them on.

Come on home final.......

I can't see us losing to the Lions this week. It would undo yesterday's win and I can't see them allowing that to happen.

What we need is for Carlton to beat St. Kilda this week - then we play St. Kilda in Sydney, not Melbourne. Go the Blues!!!

Red face

So, if everything goes to plan, we will be walking out of the SCG at 7pm very keen to see if St Kilda can get over Carlton, with the game kicking off in around 20 minutes.

So where, within 20 minutes of the SCG can we go to see the game?

I do actually know a massive St Kilda fan who lives 3 minutes walk from the SCG and has Fox - maybe it is time to give him a call.......

Quote Originally Posted by safetyboy View Post
    So, if everything goes to plan, we will be walking out of the SCG at 7pm very keen to see if St Kilda can get over Carlton, with the game kicking off in around 20 minutes.

I do actually know a massive St Kilda fan who lives 3 minutes walk from the SCG and has Fox - maybe it is time to give him a call.......
    This is where we really miss Club Swans. It was such a great venue to go and watch AFL.

The Courthouse pub in Newtown

PS - I am slightly concerned by the form the Lions have been showing in the last few weeks - they gave West Coast a decent shake last night.
    The Lions have been competitive in most games this year. I do have to wonder though if last night's performance against the Eagles was driven by emotion to a large extent having been told it would be Luke Power's last game just before running out.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    Stick to RWO - We could have a gameday match for Saints - Blues here ... update scores and tweet results. Why look for something else when your answers are here?

Regular in the Side
    The biggest worry is that Carlton has little incentive, they're going to finish 5th come what may. St Kilda on the other has a huge motivating factor.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    The biggest worry is that Carlton has little incentive, they're going to finish 5th come what may. St Kilda on the other has a huge motivating factor.
    The Carlton bye this week came at a terrific time for us. Regardless of the 'bye' argument, it is almost a given that Carlton will go in full strength and not rest any players, given they had a week off this weekend...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Do we know whether it's likely to be the MCG (given our appalling record) or Etihad, if it's to be in Melbourne?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast