Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: First Round of finals decided - only locations up for grabs? - SCG possibly an option

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Tonight on 360 they said that our final will be on the Saturday evening and if in Sydney will be played at the SCG.
    So confirming what Jewels wrote: SCG or Etihad

Friday - Cats v hawks MCG
    Sat afternoon - Pies v eagles MCG
    Sunday - Blues and dons MCG
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Yep - confirmed by AFL - 7.20pm Saturday night. Either Etihad, SCG, ANZ.

And if we happen to win 1st week it will be v Geelong/Hawthorn Friday night 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    So confirming what Jewels wrote: SCG or Etihad

Friday - Cats v hawks MCG
    Sat afternoon - Pies v eagles MCG
    Sunday - Blues and dons MCG
    Excellent - I like Saturday night footy and I like it even more if it ends up being at the SCG. If its in Melbourne its not bad either - my platinum membership gets me in cheap to that and I can go down for the day and watch the Pies and Wegos in the qualifying final in the afternoon.

On the Rookie List
    Saturday night game suits my travel plans perfectly. Just as long as i make it back to Adelaide by 6am monday to start work

Living in 2005
    The AFL have rocks in their head with the way they price our finals. Yes, we are a cash cow sometimes but as the North Melbourne final proved, finals crowds for AFL in Sydney are no guarantee. They should price AFL finals in Sydney (especially at ANZ) to reflect the developing market Sydney is.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    The AFL have rocks in their head with the way they price our finals. Yes, we are a cash cow sometimes but as the North Melbourne final proved, finals crowds for AFL in Sydney are no guarantee. They should price AFL finals in Sydney (especially at ANZ) to reflect the developing market Sydney is.
    Couldn't agree more.

Perfect opportunity to get the curious to the game in an atmosphere which can only engulf you.

Imagine if there were an extra 20K at the Carlton final last year. The atmosphere was electric as it was. If they encouraged casual observers to front up with cheap seats, even high in the bleachers, the great close, hard finals game would have hooked many forever.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567