Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithy on Sunday Footy Show. Ch 9

Yes, very strange sounding voice indeed.

Just wild about Harry
    Sen this morning mentioned Smith as one of the reasons we are doing well. Apparently his dad played 1 game for St Kilda.

I'm confused. Was it our Smooch? And what about his voice?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Pretty poor wasn't it. However their sympathy to the MCVeigh was very sincere. Unlike that idiot brian taylor who on leage teams when announcing the Swans list said outs: McVeigh after that news.

That's exactly what he said and that was it. Every other Foxtel footy show expressed their sympathy.
    Yes I too watched the Thursday Footy Show on Foxtel and thought exactly the same thing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought they would say something at the end of the show. Nothing at all, to tell you the truth I thought it was appalling. Even Channel Nines Footy Show said something and I would not give that show the time of day, but I was informed they too were sincere in their condonlences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    It was our Smooch, yes.

He has a funny voice, a bit jockey like. Hard to describe, but definately unique and not the type of voice you'd expect would put the fear of God into opponents. For eg. if BBBBH told you not to do something again, you'd very seriously consider taking his advice.

He has lots of videos on the Swans site from earlier in the year, have a look at them and you'll see.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    He has a funny voice, a bit jockey like. Hard to describe, but definately unique and not the type of voice you'd expect would put the fear of God into opponents.
    That's part of his tactic. Just before the first bounce he says hello to them and then they spend the rest of the match trying to work out if he was being serious or not.

First time I heard Plugger speak I nearly died.....tenor voice in a base body. It happens.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Yep it was his. He will have a huge post footy career doing voiceovers on chipmunk cartoons........

Quote Originally Posted by swannielady View Post
    Yes I too watched the Thursday Footy Show on Foxtel and thought exactly the same thing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought they would say something at the end of the show. Nothing at all, to tell you the truth I thought it was appalling. Even Channel Nines Footy Show said something and I would not give that show the time of day, but I was informed they too were sincere in their condonlences.
    I gave them the benefit of the doubt. They would have discussed it before the show and decided it was a private matter and rather than grandstand or make news of it they decided not to make it part of the show. If any of them have a relationship with McVeigh I'm sure they would have expressed their sympathy privately. I don't like BT but I do like the show!

If you go look up the Sunday Footy Show you'll find his interview listed in their videos. Seemed a little uncomfortable and nervous, but I'm glad he's finally getting some credit. Hores is correct when he says our backline is underrated. Very unassuming lot, but consistent in their performance.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    First time I heard Plugger speak I nearly died.....tenor voice in a base body. It happens.
    True. And think Dennis Lillee.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    The strangest must be Beckham.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast