Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we one day have a Captain called Kizza?

Veterans List
    Interesting that a Teddy interview said that last week was hardest on Goodes because he's very close to Jarrad - and he had a lot of extra responsibilities last week. I presumed that's because he was the only active captain last week. So maybe several captains does make the job easier? It's good to see the way we share the interview responsibilities very widely - and not often to Dan, perhaps so they don't have to extend the news broadcast.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The reason I ask this is the SMH and Tele articles where he spoke on behalf of the Swans club and players about The game and McVeigh. I was somewhat impressed. As this came from two different newspapers I am leaning towards believing he is a lot more eloquent and structured that I have given him credit for. It would be pleasing to see him in leadership.
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I read the article on SMH and was struck by how captain-like he sounded

I think Hanners would also make a great captain, but can you imagine him doing interviews? He'd grab the microphone off the journalists and never stop talking, haha

Please no multiple captains, it takes away from the uniqueness, aura and individuality that a captain should be. I would of loved Brett Kirk to be our solo captain.

i think out of a little bit of respect lets shelve this chat until season over........seems a little to pre mature !

id imagine things are raw enough at the moment for the McVeigh Family
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Wasn't talking about Now Gerald. I was talking about how surprised I was to hear Kizza speak, and as he is still a kid in my eyes, he would be in the mix as far as I am concerned, sometime in about four years or so.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Please keep the multiple captains, it reduces extreme pressure on one individual to perform solely on and off the field. I think it's beneficial to have multiple captains on field as the frenetic pace and complexity of the game today makes it hard for one man to focus and the off-field burden with sponsors, club and AFL duties is incredible.
    The game has changed and the leadership structures need to change with it IMO.
    I don't see that the aura of the role is in any way diluted, in fact, I feel quite proud that our club was so progressive and pioneered this.

Isn't it great that we have so many competent men able to step up, lead and represent the club.

Just on the basis of eloquence of speech I think Nipper should be considered

Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    Just on the basis of eloquence of speech I think Nipper should be considered
    @@@@ yeah...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12