Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: List changes this year

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    How quickly we forget, but you can probably add Sumner to that retirement list.
    I'm not aware of Sumner's contract situation with us? If he doesnt come back, is there any value with him in potential trade to SA clubs, or is it more likely to be just another spot free on our list?
    Last edited by Frog; 2nd September 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Warming the Bench
    When Heath Grundy was rookie drafted in 2004 it was a bit of a shock, cause after the under 18's championship that year he was expected to go in the top 10 of the national draft. Later that year he started to drift in value but was still expected to go in the top 25.
    Max Otten was rookie drafted in a similar circumstance. Highly rated early in the 2010 year but drifted out at the end.
    Most observers still expected him to get drafted in the main draft. At a aftermatch in Melbourne this year the word from a couple of assistant coaches was that they have not pushed him to hard this year as they expect him to blossom into a good player in a couple of years, so I think he will remain on our rookie list at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    He took indefinite leave for personal reasons and headed back to SA
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226097066452
    I hope he is able to get it all sorted out. Best of luck to him.

Thanks for the info Snarky!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Surely TDL will remain on the list. His aerobic capacity seems to be the issue, not his silky skills. I'd like to see where he's at after another pre season.

His market value would be zero. Considering the space on the list I can't see him going anywhere.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    It'd be a tragedy to let TDL go!!!
    Cannot see how this is even under consideration.
    Another thread mentioned somebody spied Sumner
    Present at Tadgh's announcement.....can anyone shed more light here?

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    It'd be a tragedy to let TDL go!!!
    Cannot see how this is even under consideration.
    Another thread mentioned somebody spied Sumner
    Present at Tadgh's announcement.....can anyone shed more light here?
    At the very end of the press conference the camera pans across the team in the room watching, and in the very last frame you catch a glimpse of what looks like Sumner on the outermost left.
    It's very hard to tell though.

I wonder in the case of Sumner, if he does want to some time return to AFL, that we might do a trade with one of the SA clubs so that he can resume with one of them and not have to leave the State, etc?

Veterans List
    I think Sumner has the makings of an AFL player, very good evasive skills. Can't see us delisting him and he's worth nothing in the trade market.

He'll be given time to sort out his problems I reckon.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    At the very end of the press conference the camera pans across the team in the room watching, and in the very last frame you catch a glimpse of what looks like Sumner on the outermost left.
    I heard he was seen flipping burgers with Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I heard he was seen on a Totilla in Mexico
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I think Sumner has the makings of an AFL player, very good evasive skills. Can't see us delisting him and he's worth nothing in the trade market.

He'll be given time to sort out his problems I reckon.
    I very much hope so. I'm a big fan of Sumner (see my sig), and he's exactly the sort of player we need right now.

Also, it should be pointed out that we have no idea the nature of Sumner's reasons for going back to SA. It could be homesickness, sure, but it could be something else entirely, such as a family illness, etc, which he needed time off for. That being the case, there's no reason he wouldn't come back to the Swans when the issue has passed.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast