Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Semi Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Ainslie Tricolours

Great report Ugg - noted vote getters too !! (will certainly read more closely in future)

Impressive line up for the Swannies - limited injuries makes a massive difference. Quality cattle on every line, plus some great toppies.

Do we know if any one will give giving updates this week given the time clash with the ones.

Another extensive report - cheers Ugg - also noted vote getters !! (not sure what planet I have ben on)

Pretty impressive side with quality across all lines - plus some good toppies. Do we know if reports will come from this game given the clash with seniors ?

Gawd I miss watching the ressies!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No need to invoke FS rule on Murphy, we can pick him up as a Academy player.
    Murphy wasn't nominated as a Academy player the Swans had their eye on in May. I think that means he is not eligible to be taken under that concession.

If they were looking to put him on the senior list (which would surprise me - he looks more like a potential rookie listee) the bidding process for Academy and FS prospects is the same anyway, so they might just as well nominate him as FS, which means that the May nomination was irrelevant.

Not sure what the rules are regarding putting Academy / FS players on the rookie list. Scholarship players can be put straight onto the rookie list if they agree to it, but they are not subject to the bidding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Gawd I miss watching the ressies!
    Me too.
    Will any of the ressies finals be played in Sydney?
    Last edited by Big Al; 2nd September 2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Me too.
    Will any of the ressies finals be played in Sydney?
    All Eastern Conference finals will be at Manuka. The "Super Bowl" is rumoured to be in the NT but that's not confirmed.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    All Eastern Conference finals will be at Manuka. The "Super Bowl" is rumoured to be in the NT but that's not confirmed.
    Thanks Al, it is a shame that st least this weeks game is not played at the SCG but I guess it is understandable

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Thanks Al, it is a shame that st least this weeks game is not played at the SCG but I guess it is understandable
    They could have at least put the game on a Sunday so it didn't clash with the seniors. I've done some decent km's this year to follow the Ressies and it steams me that I have to miss a semi final.

Hopefully though there'll be a Grand Final to travel to in 2 weeks.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I think there may have been a good chance of the game being in Sydney this weekend if GWS had climbed into 2nd. I had an email drafted to GWS if they beat the Suns a fortnight ago to lobby the NEAFL to allow them to play the semi as the curtain raiser to the Brisbane game. Obviously the Swans would have been wrapped about it, but you'd imagine GWS would be just as happy to stay in Sydney and give their kids a taste of the SCG.

Alas, wasn't to be.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Father -Son and Academy players go through the same bidding process.

The clubs get together beforehand to decide on a players draft ranking and get the relevant club to bid thereby stopping you getting a Father-Son cheaply.

If we have say pick 21 as our first pick this year , one of the clubs with pick 19 or 20 will bid that for Tom Mitchell forcing us to use our next pick which will be 21 to select him. Bulldogs got a bonus last year as they got young Liberatore for pick 40 ish when he would have gone around 20-25 if he was available in the draft because they were forced to take Wallis with their first pick around 22.

We could nominate Kane Murphy as a F-S but he probably wouldn't be valued that highly by other teams and they may not put in a bid meaning we may be able to get him for a pick in the 80s or 90s, free basically. That's what happened to Brennan at the Weagles last year, no bids so they used their last pick in the 60s to snare him.

From what I hear, Murphy is worth a punt and he does have red and white blood in him!

Update on score in ACT. Swans 9.2.56 - Ainslie 4.4.28, 10 mins into the 2nd qtr. Will continue to update (but totally reliant on mole in stands @ Manuka!)

Quote Originally Posted by grose40 View Post
    Update on score in ACT. Swans 9.2.56 - Ainslie 4.4.28, 10 mins into the 2nd qtr. Will continue to update (but totally reliant on mole in stands @ Manuka!)
    Halftime score:
    Swans 13.3.81 - Ainslie 6.6.42. Swans Nathan Gordon 4 goals to date.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast