Thread: Callan Ward and Tom Scully

Callan Ward and Tom Scully

should we go after them with all guns blazing............I reckon we can afford one and for me Scully is a little to similar to young Tom coming on board next year........we have the $ especially with Kennelly, Bolts, Braddy etc retiring.......that is a massive amount of $

Bevo and Bulldog will probably move on also !

If we are loosing 3 marque players we need to bring in at least 2 marque players I believe to be serious top 4 !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    It's not just the $ you pay the player but how you get the deal done with their current club and we don't have any chips to barter with this year.

The other thing is that you would be over paying these individuals by a fair bit, something that you don't want to do. GC and GWS have to over pay them to get them there.

Marquee player? aren't we getting Tom Mitchell?

Better players you could spend your $$$ on than those two.

I wouldn't call either of them marquee.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 2nd September 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Better players you could spend your $$$ on than those two.
    Yep!!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    should we go after them with all guns blazing............I reckon we can afford one and for me Scully is a little to similar to young Tom coming on board next year........we have the $ especially with Kennelly, Bolts, Braddy etc retiring.......that is a massive amount of $

Bevo and Bulldog will probably move on also !

If we are loosing 3 marque players we need to bring in at least 2 marque players I believe to be serious top 4 !
    GWS board.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Contracts with GWS will have been signed ,sealed and delivered!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Never going to happen for numerous reasons, some already pointed out by previous posters.

Smart move by GWS though to target youngsters instead of loading up on the oldies. There is great scope for Ward/Scully/Davis ect. to develop and still be there when GWS inevitably becomes a strong team.

Ward is actually one of my favourite players in the comp both for his game and personality. A part of me feels sorry for Dogs fans, because nothing is nice about losing your best young gun, but the prospect of seeing him play more often is a little bit exciting.

Our big issue with GWS will be over Sam Reid no doubt. If we lost him to them, I don't know what I'd do with myself. Case in point, we can't blaze away with other young signings before tying up the ones that are already at our club.

Warming the Bench
    What about Butcher from Port? very handie.

Tom Lynch...of the GC variety?

Jack Reiwoltd has to be the No.1 though....I'm not sure we have anything to get him, or he'd want to come, but I hope the staff talks to his management to see how far away we are. He's exactly what we need.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    Every team in Melbourne will be trying to get him to come home, no hope for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post

And the domino effect initiated at Port Adelaide last week with the re-signing of key defender Jackson Trengove looks to continue with the Power set to secure John Butcher for the next two seasons.
    Butcher's manager, Paul Connors, met Port Adelaide officials yesterday and while the player himself appeared keen to reconcile his decision with his family, both parties were confident of a deal soon.
    ''I've got every indication he's staying,'' said Port Adelaide football boss Peter Rohde last night, ''but of course it's never decided until it's signed.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1Wto8OoKC