Thread: - Pies v Cats

Blog Entries

- Pies v Cats

Did the pies "tank" that game????

Wow! What a hiding. You'd have to think so, but bold, arrogant move if they did. I thought there was a hoodoo on taking bad form into finals... Hope they reap what they've sown if that's the case.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Eddie didnt seem to like what they did.... or didnt do.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Cats came in treating it as their first final.

It just has to have given the Pies players head trips at the wrong time of the year.

Mick will be freaking out.

Living in 2005
    Interesting finals coming up, 90 point losses are never ever good. Obviously, the loss can be written off but the proof will be in the pudding I guess.

I do hope the Swans boys look at tonight and start believing they can challenge anyone, whilst I laugh at the old "B beat a, and we beat B, so we should beat a too" type of mindset, I would like them to really believe in the win last week knowing what playing at their best can potentially deliver.

That was definitely a fun game to watch. Not as fun as watching Geelong's game last week, of course. Still, anytime Collingwood goes down in flames is high entertainment.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's ok to look through slightly rose tinted glasses and put our loss to Richmond and our win last week in some sort of context. Although, I do think the results are reflective of how long and hard the season is for all teams and how important Daisy and Shaw are to the Pies. They could cover for one for not for two.
    It's certainly injected some life to the finals series so AFL House must sitting back with big cheesy grins.
    Is it wrong of me to enjoy the pans to Joffa in the stands as much as I did?

How much fun will it be if they go out in two......would make my year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Is it wrong of me to enjoy the pans to Joffa in the stands as much as I did?
    Good Heavens NO!!!! I think every non Pie fan in the known universe enjoyed it! Excellent camera work I think!

The Pies weren't going in as hard as they normally would. Add to that Micks calm demeanour, then perhaps pretend tanking could be intimated. When you consider he would normally do his nut when a player gave away a 50 metre penalty. Perhaps his his instruction last night was "just go out there, have a bit of a run around,dont put too much effort in and dont get hurt!" - even on the field at the breaks,where over the years his quarter time sprays have made the grass change colour, last night he said nuthin!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I've got them in my dream finals draw as going out in straighies - and we end up playing Geelong in the granny!(I know I need to get some more medication!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Win their first final to make it hard for West Coast and then go out in the prelim. Works for me!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN