Thread: Longmire Leads Swans out of Roos shadow

Longmire Leads Swans out of Roos shadow

Informative story in todays SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/l...902-1jq1n.html

Interesting comparison to last year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I thought it was a really interesting article, especially this bit:
    There have been highs such as last weekend's streak-breaking win over Geelong, and lows such as the savage 43-point loss to 14th-placed Richmond last month.
    ''Last year, we lost to Melbourne by 73 points. Every club, every year has some disappointing losses, and you have got to make sure you keep things balanced. Internally, you're very disappointed when you have disappointing losses but I think it's important for the senior coach to make sure he evens out the reaction he has with players between wins and losses. When we review games with players, I try and make sure the difference isn't great between wins and losses. I try to make sure that emotionally things are on a pretty similar level week to week.
    He doesn't try to dampen down the enthusiasm (just watch the way they sang after last week!) and he certainly doesn't wallow in despair (I liked the restraint he used in talking about the horrible loss to Richmond). I think management of the emotional climate is a wise priority and we will see the benefit of it as time goes on.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)