Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home final (really Carl v Stk gameday)

Its funny I hate carlton far worse than collingwood. It is the uiltimate blue blood club - the club of pratt, fraser, elliott, collins - all those who are part of the ruling elite in melbourne. collingwood is still the club of jack wren and the working class of melbourne.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah I new this would be the case with this game, the blues were just going through the motions they had nothing to play for really. As an above post has said we do only have ourselves to blame though, losing games we should of won. I think we can beat the saints at etihad, but geez it makes it alot harder!

The winner of our game plays the loser of mugpies and wet toast. According to MMM today.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    The winner of our game plays the loser of mugpies and wet toast. According to MMM today.
    Winner plays the loser of Cats/Hawks. Good research by MMM there.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Yikes, good work by MMM there considering we actually play the loser of the Hawkers/Cats!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Yikes, good work by MMM there considering we actually play the loser of the Hawkers/Cats!!
    They might have meant we play the winner of those 2 in week 3.

Warming the Bench
    Not only a big game for the team but also for Adam and Tadhg next weekend.

Carlton didn't show much today, a better team would have flogged them senseless. I firmly believe we can kick them out again, memories of 2005
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Goodes 300th. Wow. He doesnt need any motivation atm. Hes on fire and in great shape. Amazing athlete. Need a win for this remarkable milestone.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Its funny I hate carlton far worse than collingwood. It is the uiltimate blue blood club - the club of pratt, fraser, elliott, collins - all those who are part of the ruling elite in melbourne. collingwood is still the club of jack wren and the working class of melbourne.
    Jack Wren was a criminal who fixed horse races, bike races, paid coppers off and and anything else he could get his grubby hands on.

Don't know that you could call Fraser part of the ruling elite. Not that I was a fan of his but he come from and lived in the Western District of Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    we only have ourselves to blame i guess, so many costly performances when you think about it, the loss to essendon,adelaide, fremantle, draw with melbourne for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Swans away - me likey
    Swans at home = not Goodes this year...
    We certainly only have ourselves to blame, but not so much because of narrow losses to Essendon, Adelaide and the draw with Melbourne. Have you noticed they were all away games?

What's been really costly this year is our performance at the SCG, which is ironic, because if we had won just one more game there, we would now HAVE an SCG home final. That's because ANZ Stadium will host the NRL final between St. George and Wests Tigers on Friday night, and the AFL said they'd move any home final for the Swans to the SCG if that happened.

It's disappointing we didn't get it in Sydney, but there is one consolation - at least it will be DRY inside Etihad stadium. The long range forecast is for rain in Sydney next Saturday, and I'd be very nervous playing St. Kilda at the SCG in wet weather.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We can beat St K in Melbourne, but the further we go in the finals, the more consequtive road trips we have to make, making each game harder and harder to win.
    At least it will only be road trips to Melbourne which, really is not that tough AND we have such a sensational cheer squad and fan base down there that, whilst I would have loved one more game at home, I don't think it will worry the boys to much!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast