Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking at Etihad - advice please

Regular in the Side

Parking at Etihad - advice please

Hi Melbourneites, will b driving to etihad next week straight from the airport and need parking. All sugestions for easy to find parking that will have room at about 6, will b greatly appreciated. Cheers gang
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Any chance you could leave the car somewhere and catch the train? Etihad is practically at Southern Cross station. Parking is terrible. I tried once a few years ago and was still driving around when I gave up at quarter time. Have never driven there since.

On the Rookie List
    My advice is park in the streets around the remand centre which is on latrobe street just off king steet and from there it is about a 10-15minute walk to the stadium and it is FREE parking. Otherwise you can park under the stadium for some ridiculous price of $25 I think.

Park at Harbour town which is $5 flat rate and walk the 5-10 minutes to the ground. Here are directions from the airport to habour town, Directions from Habour town to Ethihad Stadium

Veterans List
    Or you can park in Lonsdale Street between Spencer and King for $10 (need to be fairly early) Little Lonsdale Street or Latrobe St between William and Elizabeth Streets. There is plenty of cheap weekend parking in car parks in the Spencer St end of Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by borough View Post
    Park at Harbour town which is $5 flat rate and walk the 5-10 minutes to the ground. Here are directions from the airport to habour town, Directions from Habour town to Ethihad Stadium
    This is what I would recommend. We have done it with the kids without a problem.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by toothy76 View Post
    Any chance you could leave the car somewhere and catch the train? Etihad is practically at Southern Cross station. Parking is terrible. I tried once a few years ago and was still driving around when I gave up at quarter time. Have never driven there since.
    We have never had a problem parking to get there. As long as you allow time for a 10-15 minute walk there plenty of (sometimes free) spots to park.

My suggestion would be to park at Middle Park, have a beer at the pub and then catch the 96 tram from across the road and be at Southern Cross station 10 minutes later.

Or, don't take a car at all. Catch the Sky Bus from airport to Southern Cross. You can quite a few taxi rides around town for the cost of hiring a car.

On another matter? For all its finals collateral, I can't see where the AFL has defined the "family package". I assume this is for two adults and two kids? Also does anyone know if I can then take Swannie Ronnie along as the second adult with the two kids instead of the missus?

Blog Entries

Regular in the Side
    Thanks all. Bring on the saints
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Dont park at the Stadium EVER, it is $26 or thereabouts and a total ripoff.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    Dont park at the Stadium EVER, it is $26 or thereabouts and a total ripoff.
    Although it is pretty good value if it is pissing down with rain!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast