Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Herald Sun has thoughts on ins/outs in their finals preview. They reckon we're "close to our best side."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226128250143

Then again, despite listing the game as being at Etihad, the rest of their notes are about ANZ so what do they know...
    Typical lazy journalism.

The writer thinks Collingwood will beat West Coast by almost 10 goals...that is a big call if you ask me. Almost as if their thrashing by Geelong had never happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood go out in straight sets this year.

Longmire was on ABC radio today, and said that Reid, Grundy and LRT would all be in the mix.

Presumably only two of them would play, unless White makes way (which I think would be appropriate if all three are fit).

In: Grundy, LRT, Reid
    Out: Jetta, Kennelly, Bird

Veterans List
    I would leave Jetta out. He seems to have gone downhill as the season progressed. Even as the sub now he has been useless. You can't afford to have a soft passenger in the side in finals and your sub must be able to mix it straight away to be any value.

Reid and Grundy in gives us the side that beat Geelong. I don't think we can pick a better side than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sidswan View Post
    Re the Monty tackle on ROK.. Paul Roos (from his commentary) seemed to think it was a bit unnecessary, he said something like "'well one of the players would hope to be playing next week and the other one wouldn't have been anyway".
    It did look like ROK was pissed off at Monty, but why? If true, like Roosy's comments on the issue, they need to HTFU...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Longmire was on ABC radio today, and said that Reid, Grundy and LRT would all be in the mix.

Presumably only two of them would play, unless White makes way (which I think would be appropriate if all three are fit).

Swans TV - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

If you check out this vid every player including ROK has their arms around each other except Jesse who's right arm hangs by his side. Could this be the mystery injury or just Jesse being Jesse??

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Typical lazy journalism.

The writer thinks Collingwood will beat West Coast by almost 10 goals...that is a big call if you ask me. Almost as if their thrashing by Geelong had never happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood go out in straight sets this year.
    That is a massive call. They have los only 2 games this year, one of them in the deadest possible rubber on the eve of a premiership defence, and you think they will go out in straight sets ?

Senior Player
    Doesn't matter who is in or who is out as according to the usual Melb press and footy shows St Kilda are the form team of the competition and will beat Sydney (obviously already dismissed us beating them and Geelong in the last couple weeks). Once again it's as if we don't exist. Even heard on 3AW them going on about how next week is Blake's 199th game so when St Kilda play the semi final Blake will be playing his 200th. Never mind that Goodes is playing his 299th so if Swans play in semi he will be playing his 300th. Go Swans show them yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Doesn't matter who is in or who is out as according to the usual Melb press and footy shows St Kilda are the form team of the competition and will beat Sydney (obviously already dismissed us beating them and Geelong in the last couple weeks). Once again it's as if we don't exist. Even heard on 3AW them going on about how next week is Blake's 199th game so when St Kilda play the semi final Blake will be playing his 200th. Never mind that Goodes is playing his 299th so if Swans play in semi he will be playing his 300th. Go Swans show them yet again!
    This ignorance really kills me.
    I wish someone who reports or writes about the swans actually knew what they talking about, instead of this lazy journalism and recycled melbourne crap.
    Thats why Roosy's commentating is so refreshing.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

Swans TV - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

If you check out this vid every player including ROK has their arms around each other except Jesse who's right arm hangs by his side. Could this be the mystery injury or just Jesse being Jesse??
    Jesse definitely had something going on with his arm. I thought it unusual at the time it happened (in 4th quarter). He looked in obvious pain with it hanging limp, a trainer came out to him and went off never to be seen again. He looked really uncomfortable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    As crap as Irish has been for the past month yesterday he was playing with his old skill, dash and confidence. I say keep him in. A seasoned finals campaigner in form can be invaluable.
    Agreed. He was pretty good last night. And has plenty of Finals Experience.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Jetta cannot keep his place surely he did not earn it back and this pace nonsense means nothing if has a meagre possession count and almost as many clangers. This is a final FGS. St Kilda still play a pressure game and Jetta does not (yet) handle the pressure. If Kosi and Gardiner play we could have a problem with Mummy and White even, perhaps Seaby may come into reckoning.

Jetta Kennelly out

Reid Grundy in

Emergencies Bevan, one of Seaby/LRT, Moore
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast