Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Interesting to see Luke Parker's post match interview in the rooms and Sam is sitting down on the floor behind him with his back against the wall. Further into the video Sam gets up from sitting on his butt and stands up with apparent ease to talk to one of the coaches. Can't imagine someone with a calf injury doing that. He'll be in the team next week - no dramas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    That is a massive call. They have los only 2 games this year, one of them in the deadest possible rubber on the eve of a premiership defence, and you think they will go out in straight sets ?
    I hope so.

But seriously, there's no way they can put a positive spin on their loss to Geelong, dead rubber or not. It was a shocking defeat.

The Eagles would have taken heart from that, and they will certainly turn up to play. Remember, 4th has defeated 1st several times over the past decade in Qualifying Finals - we did it twice.

And if Collingwood do lose, they would probably then have to play Carlton at the MCG in a semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by janem View Post
    Jesse definitely had something going on with his arm. I thought it unusual at the time it happened (in 4th quarter). He looked in obvious pain with it hanging limp, a trainer came out to him and went off never to be seen again. He looked really uncomfortable.
    I wrote about that in the other thread. The trainer came out and as he walked back to the bench did the "substitute" hand gesture. That or a new dance move. It hung by his side for quite some time as I was watching him.

MMM yesterday said winner of our game plays loser of Mugpies/Wet Toast. Does that mean we will play in Perth??
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

We will play the loser of Geelong and Hawthorn if we beat Saints..... Most likely on the Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    We will play the loser of Geelong and Hawthorn if we beat Saints..... Most likely on the Friday night.
    MMM Sydney mob wrong again.

So Hawks then magpies and Cats in the Grand Final it is.

That would be funny as Port beat the Cats at the Cattery and then went on to meet them in the Grand Final.

Better start praying for major injuries to the opposition.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So we just have to beat the last 4 grand finalists to win the flag. Sounds easy.

I think beating StKilda at Etithad will be tough.

Then again, I thought that with Geelong.

I think Carlton lost the match rather than St Kilda winning.

The Blues stuck to pretty much the same game plan.

When the ball got down forward there was 1 Blue against 4 Saints.

We cannot make the same mistake.

Spanger stays, I am not sure what White will offer, not sure if he's spent anytime with the KFC Kid.

Veterans List
    Longmire on radio today said there will be much different match ups this time against the Saints because of their ins, Kosi, Dawson and it seems Gardiner.

We need talls to cover those so talls in for shorts may in fact be what does happen.

Don't think we can afford a passenger and unfortunately at this stage Jetta is just that so he has to go.

From the 'The Age':

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...904-1jshn.html

O'Keefe copped a heavy bump to the shoulder from Amon Buchanan in the final minutes of Saturday night's match ? and expressed his displeasure to his former teammate as he was helped from the ground.

It was initially feared the 2006 All-Australian player might have hurt his collarbone and would be in doubt for Saturday night's elimination final against St Kilda but this was allayed yesterday by Sydney's general manager of football, Dean Moore.

Moore said O'Keefe had no major damage and would be available, as would key- players Sam Reid (calf) and Heath Grundy (illness), who were both late withdrawals.

"He [O'Keefe] clearly got a heavy bump towards the end of the game but we took him off, really for precautionary measures. But he was fine after the game," Moore said.

"There was no damage so he'll be right to play."

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    O'Keefe copped a heavy bump to the shoulder from Amon Buchanan in the final minutes of Saturday night's match ? and expressed his displeasure to his former teammate as he was helped from the ground.
    As I said earlier, he should be embarrassed...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Living in 2005
    Just realised what an awful disadvatage we are at if we win. Geelong & Hawthorn have almost two days of recovery before our boys even get back to Sydney. Would have been a bit fairer for us to be Saturday afternoon and the Weagles to get Friday night.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Just realised what an awful disadvatage we are at if we win. Geelong & Hawthorn have almost two days of recovery before our boys even get back to Sydney. Would have been a bit fairer for us to be Saturday afternoon and the Weagles to get Friday night.
    Ah well, priority goes to the higher finishers, not the scraped in's.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast