Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It did look like ROK was pissed off at Monty, but why? If true, like Roosy's comments on the issue, they need to HTFU...
    True, but at the time I can forgive him for being peeved. In hindsight i'm sure he would think it part of the game and when you are out there it's on!

He and the others may also have been aware of Monty's tackle punch on Tadgh (which Mummy remonstrated with him about).

Monty had a chip me feels, or was playing for his career and was walking a tight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Just realised what an awful disadvatage we are at if we win. Geelong & Hawthorn have almost two days of recovery before our boys even get back to Sydney. Would have been a bit fairer for us to be Saturday afternoon and the Weagles to get Friday night.
    can we just go one week at a time here. Lets beat the sainters and see what happens after that when we're there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Just realised what an awful disadvatage we are at if we win. Geelong & Hawthorn have almost two days of recovery before our boys even get back to Sydney. Would have been a bit fairer for us to be Saturday afternoon and the Weagles to get Friday night.
    That would have resulted in the winner of Carlton-Essendon only have a 5 day break. Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    can we just go one week at a time here.
    Must we?

My effort at the ladder predictor is already forecasting a Swans vs West Coast Grand Final (which I assume we will win by 1 point)

Living in 2005
    can we just go one week at a time here. Lets beat the sainters and see what happens after that when we're there.
    lol I never get this attitude from fans. Who cares how far forward fans are looking? All part of the fun and magic of footy. The only people who need to concentrate are the players and coaching staff!!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    So he got beaten. People forget that fosdike took a couple of years to make it and never had a super reliable kick. but he filled a critical role for us for years after that. We just want jetta to be a ten year player who kicks 20 goals a season and makes a contest regularly. I reckon his defensive efforts are getting better and better. And I am in the he offers something that Parker, Bolton, bird, etc simply don't. We will need him in years to come. Can we stop bagging him then ?
    Thats the thing. It's one thing for him to shank kicks and score truck loads of behinds. I'm not critical of that because that will improve. But if he cant get front and square for a contest 15-20 m away from him when he is a fresh player on the ground then his skills are irrelevant.

I'm not even referring to tackling and pressure - but being at the fall of the ball to win the footy. If he is down on form, and lacking confidence to execute his skills then at least he can get to the right areas.

I really hope he comes on to be a regular contributor as he brings a different element to the team, but he really has been shaded by the other newbies this year.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    So he got beaten. People forget that fosdike took a couple of years to make it and never had a super reliable kick. but he filled a critical role for us for years after that. We just want jetta to be a ten year player who kicks 20 goals a season and makes a contest regularly. I reckon his defensive efforts are getting better and better. And I am in the he offers something that Parker, Bolton, bird, etc simply don't. We will need him in years to come. Can we stop bagging him then ?
    MH, it was one of my main gripes with Eade that he had both Fosdike and Bolton, both top 10 picks, back and forth to Port Melbourne and didn't give them enough time at the top level. When Roos took over both these players immediately became permanent fixtures and they quickly stepped up.

Big plunge on Ross Lyon to be the coach of Melbourne next year and they've suspended betting. Personally I don't care where he coaches but this will go one of either two ways (maybe a few other ways too i guess);

1. Ross comes out in a few days and announces his resigning and the Team refocus for a big match on Saturday with their future a little clearer. A good thing for them
    2. Speculation stays rife because the matter isn't cleared up and the boys are rattled for the weekends game. A good thing for us.

Media stated this morning that Ross addressed the team over the weekend and said he wasn't going anywhere but todays news suggests a few people have some inside info. Either way I hope it causes dramas in the club. I'm generally one for wanting to beat the best teams on their best days but sometimes you have to take every little edge you can get over your opponent.

$17's into $9's before today. Today $9's into $2's.

It wouldn't take much to orchestrate a plunge due to the AFL's restrictions on how much gets paid out. You wonder if the media organise to have these bets put on themselves just to get a story?
    Last edited by Nich; 5th September 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    MH, it was one of my main gripes with Eade that he had both Fosdike and Bolton, both top 10 picks, back and forth to Port Melbourne and didn't give them enough time at the top level. When Roos took over both these players immediately became permanent fixtures and they quickly stepped up.
    Its funny because as I remember it Bolton played a lot in the first year and fosdike much more in the second. whether thats actually true I dont know. I remember thinking bolton was always going to make it but i was never sure about fosdike who looked really small in his first couple of seasons.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Big plunge on Ross Lyon to be the coach of Melbourne next year and they've suspended betting. Personally I don't care where he coaches but this will go one of either two ways (maybe a few other ways too i guess);

1. Ross comes out in a few days and announces his resigning and the Team refocus for a big match on Saturday with their future a little clearer. A good thing for them
    2. Speculation stays rife because the matter isn't cleared up and the boys are rattled for the weekends game. A good thing for us.

Media stated this morning that Ross addressed the team over the weekend and said he wasn't going anywhere but todays news suggests a few people have some inside info. Either way I hope it causes dramas in the club. I'm generally one for wanting to beat the best teams on their best days but sometimes you have to take every little edge you can get over your opponent.

It wouldn't take much to orchestrate a plunge due to the AFL's restrictions on how much gets paid out. You wonder if the media organise to have these bets put on themselves just to get a story?
    Dean Wallis is such a rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post

SEN says there has been 4 separate bets totalling $130.00 only.
    Last edited by Big Al; 5th September 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Veterans List
    It is only an hour and a bit from Sydney. They might even stay in Melbourne for recovery. Rather we be in the position of having one less day than bowing out on Saturday. Also we don't have to travel to Perth.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast