Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Doc Larkins says Reid unlikely to play this week with calf injury. May be ok following week if we get through.
    Ah crap. LRT in; White to CHF. Jessie's game last night was the worst since his recent return to the side. Dropped marks and losing most 50/50s. Perhaps he plays better with the pressure off.

I'm concerned about Spangher too, he looked pretty banged up when subbed off.

I think the chairing off at fulltime suggests Tadhg has played his last game and it was decided before yesterday's game that it would be the case.

I'm with ugg, even though he didn't hand the Brions a couple of goals, Mattner was giving away enough for all of them, he didn't do anything that suggested he is anywhere near the player we know, love and need.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I thought White played fairly well. Sure he lost some 50/50's but he was phenomenal in the ruck and shot off his great quickfire handballs to set up important plays.

Also thought Spangher was fantastic. Tadhg was suprisingly consistent for his farewell match.

Outs:
    Jetta, Malceski

Ins:
    Reid (if fit) or Gordon (if not) and Grundy

If Reid is genuinely in doubt and consequently doesn't play, I'd be brining Pyke in. He takes 2nd ruck/forward role that Jesse is taking up and Jesse plays permanent forward.

Jesse was very poor yesterday up forward but his 2 games before were good enough to give him another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Nobody has backed Jets more than me on this board, but his efforts yesterday when he came on were very poor. I was so disappointed.

IMO he's cooked for 2011, it's been a long season for even the mature players. He needs to work hard in the off season and come out next year all guns blazing, when no doubt I again will go on defending him. There is soooo much upside if we can get him up and running...
    It was the sort of football he played in the reserves the week before so i was surprised he was even an emergency let alone play. I'm a massive fan of Jets. I think he'll give us something special in the coming years but he's done for this year.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    I like the White/Reid/Spangher forward set up and it seemed to trouble the Saints last time ... Plus there's no way you can take White out without including someone like LRT to back up Mummy in the ruck

In: Grundy, Reid

Out: Jetta, Kennelly
    Yep
    up the guts

Senior Player
    Herald Sun has thoughts on ins/outs in their finals preview. They reckon we're "close to our best side."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226128250143

Then again, despite listing the game as being at Etihad, the rest of their notes are about ANZ so what do they know...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Doc Larkins says Reid unlikely to play this week with calf injury. May be ok following week if we get through.
    On the TV after the game Goodes said that Reid and Grundy both would have played if it was a final.

What did you good people think of Monty's "tackle" on ROK? ROK looked very p'd off about it at the time....apologies if this is discussed elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with Monty's hit on ROK. Great hit in fact. Perfectly legal.

I just can't wait to see guys like Parker/Rohan playing finals footy. I think they'll both be fantastic September kids in the coming years. Ultra competitors.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I think the chairing off at fulltime suggests Tadhg has played his last game and it was decided before yesterday's game that it would be the case.

I'm with ugg, even though he didn't hand the Brions a couple of goals, Mattner was giving away enough for all of them, he didn't do anything that suggested he is anywhere near the player we know, love and need.
    I think he was simply being chaired off after his likely last game at his home ground. He said last week that he hoped to play deep into finals. And I thought he played his best game for ages - including some run and dash and none of those stupid decisions under pressure that I've suggested he should be dropped for. We're not Brisbane - he will play I reckon.

And Marty was up against it without Reg, the other bookend in defence. Did well in the circumstances. It looked to me like Hanners butchered the ball more.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast