Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rohan for Rising Star

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Hope he doesn't get it, it would rule him out of next year's competition which he could win; he wouldn't win this year on 4 games.
    Bizarely you can be nominated more than once anyway.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Bizarely you can be nominated more than once anyway.
    Not sure he's eligible anyway ... Has played 15 games now so certainly won't be eligible next year - has to have played 10 or under at beginning of season if I recall correctly

Liam Jones secured the last nom. I know it's not the be all and end all but Alex really deserved one. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Liam Jones secured the last nom. I know it's not the be all and end all but Alex really deserved one. Ah well.
    dont the swans themselves have a best first year - could be tight between johnson and parker methinks...but the point is I simply couldnt be happier having watched the wins the recruiting team have had in the past three seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Pretty pathetic. Johnson > Jones, both this year and this weekend.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Liam Jones I'm not surprised got one at some stage this year, but how whoever judges this thing left Alex Johnson out is just mind-boggling.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    How a youngster with the height, talent and footy smarts of AJ has gone under the radar beats me.
    Typical Swan's fate! I'm sure he'll show more.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

We need a cheer squad at Swans' games devoted to Gary. Call them the Riders of Rohan. They all wear red wigs and pretend to ride on horses (Monty Python style).

Living in 2005
    Jones has been fantastic most of the year, really has come of age, I've enjoyed watching him. Shaky in front of goal at times but as a Swans man, I can't be to harsh on others haha

I'd prefer a Swans boy to get the nod, but Liam Jones is a very deserving nominee.

Ones a forward, and ones a backman. nuff said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

No offense to the kid but I don't think AJ is going to be a 'star', he is going to be a really really good AFL footballer, one that you can rely on and who will do his job week in and week out, someone that every team needs.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    No offense to the kid but I don't think AJ is going to be a 'star', he is going to be a really really good AFL footballer, one that you can rely on and who will do his job week in and week out, someone that every team needs.
    The little things he does impress me.

He stopped an almost certain goal with a punch, and a few seconds later is recieving the ball as he scurries out of the backline.
    He's done the last line of defense stop a few times this year. Not bad for a first year player.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast