1 1.92%
  • St. Kilda - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • St. Kilda - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Elimination Final 2 - St. Kilda vs Sydney

Senior Player
    We beat Geelong at Skilled after a long winning streak so we can beat St Kilda at Etihad. We are the only team to have beaten West Coast at Perth, we only lost by 6 points to Collingwood, we beat Essendon once and nearly twice, I still think we would have beaten Carlton if not for the interchange infringement that wasn't. Surely we didn't play all those team when they were having a bad day? Having said all that I am nervous but would love to beat St Kilda and take n Hawthor or Geelong. Be happy to just win one final at least until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    We beat Geelong at Skilled after a long winning streak so we can beat St Kilda at Etihad. We are the only team to have beaten West Coast at Perth, we only lost by 6 points to Collingwood, we beat Essendon once and nearly twice, I still think we would have beaten Carlton if not for the interchange infringement that wasn't. Surely we didn't play all those team when they were having a bad day? Having said all that I am nervous but would love to beat St Kilda and take n Hawthor or Geelong. Be happy to just win one final at least until next week.
    We beat West Coast in a very early round in the season before they started their run of form.
    Collingwood after a bye and when they kicked worse than the Swans otherwise they would have been up by 40 points by half time.
    Should have beaten essendon twice.
    Carlton were a better team each time.
    Geelong after a bye and I think we caught them by surprise.
    So as much I would like to agree with you, the circumstances do change the perception of the results.
    The team that wins on Saturday night is the one that wants to win more. I think if we can knock off Saints, we might have a strong chance against Hawks (assuming).
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    We beat West Coast in a very early round in the season before they started their run of form.
    Collingwood after a bye and when they kicked worse than the Swans otherwise they would have been up by 40 points by half time.
    Should have beaten essendon twice.
    Carlton were a better team each time.
    Geelong after a bye and I think we caught them by surprise.
    So as much I would like to agree with you, the circumstances do change the perception of the results.
    The team that wins on Saturday night is the one that wants to win more. I think if we can knock off Saints, we might have a strong chance against Hawks (assuming).
    Bubble burster

Bubble burster
    Bas has already admitted to a Powerade withdrawal so that explains the glass half empty approach.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Bubble burster
    Sorry but I did try to build it back up there in the end.

I think we have a very good chance on Saturday night and their winning streak at Etihad is irrelevant because this is finals and that's a new ball game.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    A lot of their wins there have been against low sides. The games against Top 8 teams shows they get beaten often enough there including a pumping by Essendon this year, a loss to the Pies and to Carlton. Granted they beat the Eagles this year there but we beat them in WA! That stat doesn't say much really so I hope they talk it up because it will mean absolutely nothing to our boys
    To be fair, the Saints had a reasonably challenging run home. They dropped games to the Pies and us, but otherwise from round 15 they beat the Roos twice, West Coast, Freo and Carlton. They had some gimmes against Gold Coast and Port, but also knocked off Adelaide which was beyond the Swans. Not a bad run into the finals.

I'm curious about the rumour that the Saints were hit by a gastro attack just before they played the Swans. Is that so? I'm just surprised I hadn't heard of it until this week.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    On paper the Saints look the winners. But that wont enter the minds of The Swans new fearless young guns .
    Should win the mind games, which is a most important ingredient, especially in finals.
    Swans to win this one.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I'm curious about the rumour that the Saints were hit by a gastro attack just before they played the Swans. Is that so? I'm just surprised I hadn't heard of it until this week.
    It was pretty well documented at the time and was the official reason given for the late withdrawal of Koz@@@@ty and Dawson the Sniper.

Hats off to the person who sneezed on their pasta primavera.... (for Seinfeld fans)
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Thanks 3B. I was ill-informed (again). .....I guess it's better than being ill.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    Well done boys and girls.

Bloodmaniac, Damien, DeadlyAkkuret, ernie koala, Margo, Melbournehammer, Nich, Rod_, Scottee, Triple B

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234