Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Australian squad

Senior Player

All Australian squad

The 40-man All Australian squad was just announced by Patrick Keane over Twitter.

S Thompson, E Betts, C Judd, M Murphy, H Scotland, T Cloke, L Davis, S Pendlebury, B Reid, D Swan, D Thomas, N Fyfe, L McPharlin, C Enright, S Johnson, J Kelly, M Scarlett, J Selwood, H Taylor, G Ablett, G Birchall, L Franklin, J Gibson, S Mitchell, T Goldstein, D Petrie, A Swallow, D Wells, B Deledio, N Dal Santo, S Fisher, S Milne, A Goodes, D Cox, A Embley, D Glass, J Kennedy, M Priddis, M Boyd, R Murphy.

Only Goodes made it. Teddy extremely unlucky. Who else was unlucky? Maybe Jude?

Living in 2005
    Mumford should be in the squad, I wouldn't have in the final team but should be in the squad.

Goodesy is a given.

I CAN'T believe Teddy didn't get a look in.
    It's bloody rigged.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Jude,Ryan,Mumford unlucky IMHO
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Jude,Ryan,Mumford unlucky IMHO
    Very considering, Swallow/Wells/Goldstein are in.

AA's are a joke though (my opinion). I hope the players don't care too much for them because they are way over hyped (in my opinion).

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Very considering, Swallow/Wells/Goldstein are in.

AA's are a joke though (my opinion). I hope the players don't care too much for them because they are way over hyped (in my opinion).
    I reckon that, as a rule of thumb, there should be a vague correlation between ladder position and number of players in the squad. For North to have four players in and the Swans just one, despite the 6 points and considerable percentage difference in their ladder status suggests the radar is off somewhat.

I don't think Mumford deserves to be in this year - his best has been very good but he hasn't been able to produce it all year. But I do think ROK and/or Jude are a tad stiff. And Teddy too, though I suspect he is too low profile.

IMO Mumford and Bolton should be in ahead of Goldstein and Swallow
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Swans bias coming through here - Mummy has been mammoth in the last month and a bit and Goldstein has been terrific all year. I can't omit him although I do question why they only have 2 ruckmen in the 40 man squad, as they usually have picked 3 or more in the past few years. Swallow also has been great and deserves a spot but I question the inclusions of Petrie and Wells. Petrie is a key player in the Roos' set up but I don't think he's been that great - perhaps they're cheating and counting him as a ruck option, the best of the forward/2nd ruckmen going around? Wells has had a career year but is that deserving of a nomination? Not in my books.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Rhyce wouldn't be out of place in that company. Nor would Josh Kennedy on recent form.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodesy and Teddy the only ones genuinely deserving of the squad IMO when you take into account who else is in there and competing for spots. Even then, I think Teddy just not making it is probably fair. I'd imagine he would have been in the next handful of defenders to be picked. Plus he's a Swan and doesn't get much press. Doesn't surprise me really.

Jude, JPK and ROK have had very good years but the midfield group for the AA squad is hugely difficult to break into. Mummy just missed too many games to be considered, despite how outstanding his form has been lately.

Teddy Richards imo is the one geuninely unlucky. He has stepped up big time this year and been all class all season for us - I'm looking forward to him doing another hatchet job on Wingewoldt on Saturday night!

Regular in the Side
    Teddy is unluck big time. He might not have been the biggest glamourpuss, he might carry on with a minimum of fuss, but he has taken out players on two/three times as big a contracts on a consistent basis all year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast