Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GWS signings

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have heard rumours that TDL could end up their, take it with a grain of Salt.
    I'll take that with a kilo of salt.
    TDL's all signed up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Purely on the disgruntled factor, you'd think the Swans' top three would be Moore, Bevan and Currie. The reasons for their disgruntlement make them unappealing to GWS though.

Then probably Seaby. He could play the Josh Fraser senior supporting role to Jonathan Giles. Any idea what his contract status is?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Then probably Seaby. He could play the Josh Fraser senior supporting role to Jonathan Giles. Any idea what his contract status is?
    It appears that Dean Broghan is going to get the Josh Fraser role at GWS.

Strangely enough, they both went under the same nickname at different times thru their career, (Rogan Josh/Broghan Josh) in honour of the 1999 Cup winner...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Looks like they have their on-ball division set, time to recruit some talls at either end of the ground.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Looks like they have their on-ball division set, time to recruit some talls at either end of the ground.
    That Patton fella seems to be getting big wraps and should be one of their first picks - he's being touted as the next Jonathon Brown and the like isn't he?

If Sammy Reid hasn't signed by the start of Round one I will be worried! The media will go to town on it for the whole of the season if that happens.

Also does anyone see GWS winning a game next year? I think they are in for some lean seasons.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Also does anyone see GWS winning a game next year? I think they are in for some lean seasons.
    I'll wait and see for their final list (i.e who they trade for, pre season draft etc) but at the moment, it's looking like a big problem, I expect some major slaughterings.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post

Would be a pretty blind call to make at this stage given that we know just ~5 of their players, don't you think ?

Senior Player
    Going by last year I think we can expect some finals teams to lose players, otherwise we'd probably have heard about the rest by now.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They'll always be a chance at grabbing a win at some point in the season, but I think they've taken a very different approach to GC and can afford to wait for long term success. GC grabbing the >25 y.o. players needed to get some wins over the first few years to get value from those guys, if GWS sign a bunch of guys that'll be <22 y.o. going into next season then they've got some time to build and still get prime value from those guys.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

GWS also have the same concessions re: uncontracted players next year as well.

Persistent rumours that Goddard will be a big name signing next year under that concession, but there is a small chance that if StKilda get bundled out of the finals this week (yes please) the Saints may even talk about moving Goddard on this year if they consider one of the 17yo's worth it...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm almost resigned to the fact that TDL will be added to the list of small forwards let go by the Swans - see Schneider, Davis, Veszpremi - and will become a Giant. Don't want it to happen but I can definitely see it happening.

Moore would actually be a great pickup for GWS. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay in the red and white, but if the powers that be have decided that he is not in our best 22, then his football brain and on-field leadership skills could be important for the young Giants.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast