Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GWS signings

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like the move, very smart by GWS.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    I love the return of the player-coach role. Especially if they get Power and Cornes as well.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Barry Hall reveals on TFS that he rejected GWS approach after he retired from the Dogs.

Veteran Site Admin
    It will be interesting to see the moves of Brisbane and Port. Even though Power, Cornes and Brogan have retired from their clubs (or been retired), as I understand it, GWS doesn't have unfettered access to them due to the "one player per club" rule. If they take these players as uncontracted signings, they are effectively barred from getting any other players from these clubs unless the clubs agree. So while it is hard to imagine either Brisbane or Port being petty enough to bar the players lining up for GWS next year, they may well land up trading them to GWS so that GWS doesn't use up its allocation from that club on low value signings. Or they refuse to trade with GWS and thus protect the rest of their list from being raided next year.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Barry Hall reveals on TFS that he rejected GWS approach after he retired from the Dogs.
    Well that'll put some pro-Swans, anti-GWS, anti-Baz folks in an awkward position- do you believe him because it's a kick to GWS, or do you not believe him because it's Barry?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234