Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standalone game vs Giants as season opener?

I'd actually prefer a stand alone game with them in the middle of the season, sort of like what we had with Collingwood in the split round. As a season opener it might be a bit of a flop and they want to schedule it a little too early for my liking.

Great.
    We get to rip them a new one early in the piece.
    Better that we do it first!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Might mean we get to play them twice in the season as well

It will be interesting go see how many of their 10,000 foundation members actually show up when there's premiership points on the line. And interesting to see how many of our members actually care enough to bother attending.

Living in 2005
    Early season byes are a joke, really stuffed around with Adelaide this year early. I don't mind opening the season, but not as a standalone game. Just give us the Thursday night and be done with it.

Veterans List
    Not fair. After the Swans' 2011 Premiership there's so little time to get fit (or sober up) before the GWS game.

If Mummy does a Jason Ball he may not sober up till around R4.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    Might mean we get to play them twice in the season as well
    That's an absolute given, no matter when we first play them we will play them twice, just as the WA, SA & QLD teams do (and the big Melbourne rivalries)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    It will be interesting go see how many of their 10,000 foundation members actually show up when there's premiership points on the line. And interesting to see how many of our members actually care enough to bother attending.
    There'll be a few of us counted twice...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Is there any talk of the swans making a deal (like they did with the bulldogs or the roos) so that the members get entry into that game as well (if it's a westies home game)?

Jenny??? Heard any rumours??

We could end up on the top of the table with a very healthy percentage after Round 1!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    I think they should play Port or the Kangaroos first and see how many show up then.....

I could air my opinion again about the GWS Whatevers being a waste of time and money and a foolish idea which I think will do great damage to the AFL brand, but I won't....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I could air my opinion again about the GWS Whatevers being a waste of time and money and a foolish idea which I think will do great damage to the AFL brand, but I won't....
    Thx for sparing us, u are most kind....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Is there any talk of the swans making a deal (like they did with the bulldogs or the roos) so that the members get entry into that game as well (if it's a westies home game)?

Jenny??? Heard any rumours??

We could end up on the top of the table with a very healthy percentage after Round 1!!
    Had the 2011 Members survey in my inbox today, and amongst the questions there was one along the lines of "Would you pay extra in your membership to attend the GWS home game"

Surely the AFL can't give up our traditional season opener vs St Kilda.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast