Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Saints Elimination Final - match day thread

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Some expert called Adam someone on Sky sport radio at 6.25am was spruiking St Kilda now had significantly more to play for as a result of
    The Hawks misfortunes.... he obviously didn't acknowledge there were two teams who could benefit.... there's a lot of fathomless commentary...

Keep it moving quickly boys, take risks , and god luck with the umps and the kicking for goal...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Go hard from the first bounce.
    Carn the BLOODS!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    Leaving for the airport shortly and getting very excited. Nothing like a final to get the adrenalin and all that nervous tension brewing. With the west tigers downing st George last night, the planets are aligning ala 2005. Take risks swannies, play for each other and don't hesitate when the chance is there. Go bloods.
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

I have wine. I have pate. I have bickies. I have soft ball to throw at tv. I am already wearing my red jumper. I am nervous. I am not peaceful and sweet of temper. Keep away from me. Footie Tourettes likely to invade my mouth.

I wish the boys safe passage and no injuries. I also wish the Bloods a Brilliant Game. And we win.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Haven't worked out yet whether if we lose, I'll shrug my shoulders and think c'est la vie given the Tigers loss - or rant and rave about what may have been given the Cats victory.

Best thing would be to win and not think about that for another week...

This is our sort of game. Backs against the wall and you can guarantee we're coming in with a siege mentality. Hope all you boys and girls down in Melbourne cheer, cheer loud. The sooner we can shut-up those arrogant Saints supporter the better.

I'm feeling really good about the game. Probably just hopeful excitement, but there is no trepidation about facing the Saints, no niggling sense of doubt. I also hope we don't get too sucked into going head to head with the saints in the 'contest' and contested ball. Smart footy is good footy, so trying to beat them on the outside is just as important if not more so.

We need to go one on one in the forward line and make sure the Saints don't generate the extra man back. That means quick kicks in and White/Spang/Sam crashing packs for opportunist goals to Parker, Rohan ect.

The midfield has the biggest responsibility though. They're going to have to make sure the saints don't have quick clearances out and work hard both ways filling up gaps in the backline. Reiwoldt has imporved his contested making, but is is still a lead out forward. Get rid of his space and we'll negate his impact.

At the end all I hope is that they leave it all out there on the ground. That Semi-last year was a die wondering moment and I sometimes think about how that fairytale would have eventuated if only we didn't take our foot off the pedal. Like Swannette said, I do hope they take risks and just go for it.

Good luck boys and we're all behind you! Go Swans.

Feeling quite confident about this one. Saints are favourite purely because of the Etihad factor, but unless they roll the dice on Gardiner, they're going to get monstered in the ruck and clearances again.

The Swans look really settled, even up forward where Spang has made a huge difference.

And that's not to mention the Flying Ranga. Matchwinner.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Feeling good after reading everyones' posts. Im gonna be terrifying the neighbours (and my dog) screaming at the tv in my little quiet Canberra suburb.

Now is the time fellas. Good luck, do us loud and do us proud!! CARN THE BLOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watching the afternoon game. How is it that West Coast can play Cox and Nic Nat on the ground at the same time and we can't play Mummy and Seaby like that?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Watching the game with an old mate of mine (Nice bloke but it's his 50inch Plasma that really makes him a great bloke . After the great Tigers win last night (one Saint down with one to go) I'm fired up for tonight.

Go you Bloods.
    Could be an omen... the two 2005 Premiers both facing the Saints in a qualifier.....lets Go Bloooooods
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Reasonable observation... didnt Ball n Jolly used to do it?
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Just watching the afternoon game. How is it that West Coast can play Cox and Nic Nat on the ground at the same time and we can't play Mummy and Seaby like that?
    Because neither Seaby, White nor LRT are Nic Nat.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast