Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malcom Blight's Coaching Comments

I was thinking of playing a St Nick drinking game but I would have been sh|t-faced in the first 5 minutes. I can't think of another player who gets as much talk from the commentators as Riewoldt (maybe Judd, Swan, and Ablett when he was at Cats). Absolutely sickening.

As for Blight's comment on Reid, well said, and he should have mentioned the really high ball release as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I didn't hear Malcolm. What did he say about Sam's kicking?
    They showed footage of Reid from a set shot, then compared it to when he's kicking forward from the back line. In the second case his kick is a lot more fluid - basically he just loads up and lets it go, high and long. Blight reckons he should do the same for the set shot on goal, where he tends to stutter and tries too hard to kick low and straight.

trying to delete
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    They showed footage of Reid from a set shot, then compared it to when he's kicking forward from the back line. In the second case his kick is a lot more fluid - basically he just loads up and lets it go, high and long. Blight reckons he should do the same for the set shot on goal, where he tends to stutter and tries too hard to kick low and straight.
    What he said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    4th quarter. He did.
    Must have missed it in my delirium

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have found Blights "3 goal rule" a great comfort over the years. For that alone I love the bloke.
    Best TV caller of the game at the moment is Schwatta IMHO. Calls the actions and doesn't get distracted and pulled into the special comments.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks for the info on Malcolm. Makes sense to me.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Malcolm certainly has a good footy brain and is insightful. But he complains a lot (eg the umpiring decision last night - while he's right, he just went on and on and on). He's from Adelaide so that might explain why he whinges so much. And he nearly always finishes his sentences as though he's asking a question ... but God forbid if you happen to disagree with whatever he said!

Blight's comments are good. Commentary is BAD!

My dream commentary line-up would be Bob Skilton, Gerrard Healy, with special comments by Paul Roos,and David Murphy & Neil Cordy as the boundary riders

Just heard the dumbest question ever posed by a commentator.

Tim Watson: How far do you think the Swans can go in this finals series?

Question was posed to Luke Hodge... wtf.

I was hoping for a "I think they'll go all the way" but he said "hopefully only one more week"

Well who saw that answer coming genius.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I have found Blights "3 goal rule" a great comfort over the years. For that alone I love the bloke.
    Best TV caller of the game at the moment is Schwatta IMHO. Calls the actions and doesn't get distracted and pulled into the special comments.
    Leigh Mathews has a "4 Minute, Four Goal" Rule, that has given me much (unwarranted) solace over the years.

If there's 4 minutes left on the clock, it's possible to kick 4 goals.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Happy and I know it
    Can't stand Blight. He might make good observations, but I can't get past his whinging style and the fact that he never knows when to stop harping on and on about the same thing. He and Matthew Lloyd together were my worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Just heard the dumbest question ever posed by a commentator.

Tim Watson: How far do you think the Swans can go in this finals series?

Question was posed to Luke Hodge... wtf.

I was hoping for a "I think they'll go all the way" but he said "hopefully only one more week"

Well who saw that answer coming genius.
    I larfed and larfed. Watson is such a dumb a#$e..........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast