Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White - the big improver

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jesse White - the big improver

So what are the general thoughts from the RWO family on Jesse's performance on Saturday? He looked to grab at his ankle after Mummy's huge clunk toward the end of the game.
    I think he's been improving markedly over the last 3 weeks.

Generally seems more involved in the game, still poor marking, but providing a contest and doing rhe hard work in the ruck
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    He's still just doing bits and pieces here and there but his contribution has certainly increased. I thought he had a pretty handy first half yesterday and I can't remember too many details about anyone in the second half other than Ryno, Benny and Mummy kicking straight.

I loved the way he barged through the tackle in the forward line on the boundary. It was a shame his shot missed but you could see him weighing up his options while still in tackle breaking mode and he knew no-one else was going to get to a position to give him an option other than the shot at goal.

The major improvement has come from his ruckwork. It seems he has finally realised that if he is going to carve out a long AFL career it is going to have to be as a forward/ruckman and he has started competing at ruck contests with far more purpose, and has been offering something around the ground too.

Still dropping marks that should be taken, but at least he's getting there. I've noticed over the last few weeks that a lot of those dropped marks have led to Swans goals anyway, often through Jesse's second efforts.

He has been much improved the last few weeks - I think having Spangher there is helping him as well, as our forward structure is vastly improved with the 3 big guys forward. He still needs to fully realise just what a weapon he has in that big body of his and start crashing more packs, as his second effort is usually pretty good. Still needs to work harder when he hasn't got the ball, but I think he is getting there.

Regular in the Side
    He certainly seems to be improving his trade value ?

He played a big roll last night was dangerous up forward early and halved a few contests ... Ball didn't go inside our 50 in the 3rd so he went in the ruck and won his fair share of ball ups and centre bounces ... I know he dropped a few easy marks but stick with him we need a bits and peices player and if ge gets his confidence up he could one day tear a game to shreads ... Look at what Hawkins did on Friday for the cats

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He's still just doing bits and pieces here and there but his contribution has certainly increased. I thought he had a pretty handy first half yesterday and I can't remember too many details about anyone in the second half other than Ryno, Benny and Mummy kicking straight.

I loved the way he barged through the tackle in the forward line on the boundary. It was a shame his shot missed but you could see him weighing up his options while still in tackle breaking mode and he knew no-one else was going to get to a position to give him an option other than the shot at goal.

The major improvement has come from his ruckwork. It seems he has finally realised that if he is going to carve out a long AFL career it is going to have to be as a forward/ruckman and he has started competing at ruck contests with far more purpose, and has been offering something around the ground too.
    +1
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

He's 23 and showing signs of improvement.

He'll get there. It's the wraps coming for him from training, both teammates and coaching staff that has me enthralled.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

He did some solid and reliable ruckwork. He also was down on his hands and knees and fighting for possession, which is a new dimension. He also barged a few packs. He moved up and down the ground. I am pleased with the lad. He is finding his place in the team, and he is working out what he can do, rather than being worried about what he can't do.

He is still one of the best "other person's achievement" celebrators in the game. However highest points go to Shaw on that point.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I am often surprised at the excellent hand balls he gives from time to time.

I recall the Ressie watchers remarking on his run as a midfielder a few weeks back; given good marks then, and perhaps what was needed to get the improved overall game going. Well done Henry (again).

TDL next?!.

His second efforts have been outstanding.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast