Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Davis - back to save us

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Noticed Chris Scott of Stevie J something to the gist of if you overcoach him, you might lose his innate strengths. Roos ruined Davis.
    Or, according to Nick, he was immature and stuffed it.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I think it's a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Well, he would say that wouldn't he or everyone would construe him as "ungrateful" and make kfc jokes. The coach is supposed to get the best out of his players!

Opti-pessi-misti
    ND didn't fit the Swans mould, a mould which is still the same. TDL doesn't fit the 'mould' either. I note in an article on AFL Swans (I think), that Josh Kennedy is a perfect Swans fit. It is a mistake to draft players like TDL and Jetta and hope that they will learn to 'fit the mould' because it ends up with everybody being unhappy!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Well, he would say that wouldn't he or everyone would construe him as "ungrateful" and make kfc jokes. The coach is supposed to get the best out of his players!
    I don't think Nick says anything because it's expected of him. And him joking around with Fozzie at the club function at the SCG last year about him being another coach that finds him difficult because of his ego was very funny. Especially when Nick's tiny daughter then rushed on stage demanding attention and Fozzie could say "Guess whose child she is?" to bring the house down.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    ND didn't fit the Swans mould, a mould which is still the same. TDL doesn't fit the 'mould' either. I note in an article on AFL Swans (I think), that Josh Kennedy is a perfect Swans fit. It is a mistake to draft players like TDL and Jetta and hope that they will learn to 'fit the mould' because it ends up with everybody being unhappy!
    Didn't we say that of Vez - that he'd be a perfect fit for a club like the Dogs that accepted individuals. How's that working out? And I think Jetta's problem is that he's still not big enough to be an AFL player. I expect the club is working on that. TDL? I keep hearing that he doesn't dominate the ressies - and he certainly hasn't in his seniors games. I hope it's just second year blues and next year he's back to his creative best, even with a tag.

TDL isn't fit enough and doesn't do enough chasing. That's fact. He's go a great goal sense and is a lovely kick, but at this stage isn't a rounded enough player to warrant selection. Tell me, who do people think deserves to make way for TDL?

This 'doesn't fit the Swans mould' talk is rubbish. The coaches ask each player to do a job. Their selection is dependent on their ability to complete that job.

Nick Davis admits his short-comings and clearly doesn't begrudge the club too much. Jetta has had so much opportunity, but still lets his lack of confidence get in the way of his performance. TDL was both unlucky (with injury) and held back because of his defensive work. Vesz, well as Go Swannies has already made mention of, is still trying to crack into the Dogs line up so the Swans can hardly be criticised.

Look at Rohan, who is an attacking weapon with lots of flair. Nobody in the club is trying to curb his style of play because he still does all the little defensive things needed, as well as provide dash and dare.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Davis didn't any club's mould, if you recall the loud silence when he was put up for trade.
    TDL fits the mould of a club which doesn't require forward pressure.
    Jetta's problem is he has a light body and makes some decision errors, but he's an important outside player in the making and no-one has seriously suggested he shouldn't have been drafted.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

What the hell is this mould? They're football players they dont need the chemistry of a sit-com.

Did anyone catch, I think it was Leigh Matthews, during yesterdays game talking about tackling, "it means your second to the ball". he's a gifted forward, sometimes you just have to let go of the leash and that goes for Davis as well as Dennis-Lane.
    Last edited by Bleed Red Blood; 12th September 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Nick Davis fitted this club just fine for as long as he chose to. Grateful as ever he came back here. Not surprised when he left. Can any of you honestly say that you would expect Nick to "fit" into any club? He is a gem in his own right. But truly, in his own right. Just as well he has a sly sense of humour to go with it. He just carries us all along with him and that's fine.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    It's a pity that Bradshaw didn't impart more of his genius last year while off injured; that Roos felt that there were more important things to do than practice goal kicking and that there are no poles with Pepsi Max cans centred between the goal posts.

I don't have a problem with not scoring from difficult angles anywhere near as much as not scoring from the easy shots that don't go through.
    Are you referring to the genius that saw him kick two goals nineteen behinds against the Bulldogs in last years semi?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

After the 2005 final against Geelong I clearly remember stating to friends and family that "I don't care if Nick Davis never does anything more for this club after what he did tonight."
    I'm glad that he is back in the Swans fold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast