Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Out of Contract Swans

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He's signed.
    Source Annie? .....please, I beg.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Sam Reid is the big one.

I think it will be easier for GWS to get interstate players than Swans. It's hard to image someone swapping the Eastern Suburbs for Blacktown voluntarily.

Could you image doing recovery sessions in the Parramatta River rather than Coogee Beach!
    All the GWS boys reside at Breakfast point. I think they identified early on that the perceived stigma of living in the Greater West would put some players off but the salubrious surrounds of Breakfast point puts paid to that.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    They'd be a 400 post thread if Sammy had signed an extended contract.

I'd put money on Sammy going to GWS in 2013. The money will be too good to refuse I'd suspect. (hope I'm hopelessly wrong of course)
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    They'd be a 400 post thread if Sammy had signed an extended contract.

I'd put money on Sammy going to GWS in 2013. The money will be too good to refuse I'd suspect. (hope I'm hopelessly wrong of course)
    What is the status of his brothers contract??

Sheedy keeps talking of getting his 'spine' right.

If Ben also comes out of contract next year, a $million a year contract to each of them might be bad news for us given the lure of playing together may be strong.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    All the GWS boys reside at Breakfast point. I think they identified early on that the perceived stigma of living in the Greater West would put some players off but the salubrious surrounds of Breakfast point puts paid to that.
    They wouldn't be so fussy if they had seen how salubrious it was 25 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Straight from the little Ranga's mouth. We've discussed it.

Good enough??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Hey guys, GWS has a bigger salary cap than other teams but it winds back to level with everyone else after about five years so they can't pay over the odds forever.

They have of course spent a big chunk of money securing their initial signings so there's not a bottomless pit of $ to lure players next year. There will be a few more announcements in the next few weeks about players grabbed from other clubs this year, again that will soak up more of their cap.

They also need to have $ up their sleeve to start paying all their young draftees more $ as they develop.

Yes, I'm very worried abour Reid, he is potentially a superstar and best that he plays in red and white not the GWS tricolours. I'm sure the Swans beancounters have got it under control. We have already got three retirements and probably another two or three next year to free up some salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    They wouldn't be so fussy if they had seen how salubrious it was 25 years ago!
    The "Village Green" is in the exact spot and is the exact shape of the old No. 1 gas tank. They just covered it over with dirt and turf.
    As with the olympic site ... industrial seepage is a problem.

(For those that don't know, Breakfast Point was the site of the AGL "factory" in Sydney for years and years.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Straight from the little Ranga's mouth. We've discussed it.

Good enough??
    Yes thank you.

Now if you would please have a word with Sammy regarding his unsigned status...
    Maybe tell him there will be tears on this sight if he does not sign (with the Swans) very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The reality is that we're going to lose some of these players to GWS. We won't be immune to the lure of the chequebook.
    We didn't lose any to the Suns. Why are we certain to lose players to GWS?

I can see some second string players might leave, but even that isn't inevitable.

GWS tried and failed to get Pendlebury, Swan and Thomas to cross. It takes a lot more than cash to get players to leave a good career at a successful club.

Our record is at least equal to Collingwood's. I can't recall the last A-grade player who walked out for career reasons.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

The "Village Green" is in the exact spot and is the exact shape of the old No. 1 gas tank. They just covered it over with dirt and turf.
    As with the olympic site ... industrial seepage is a problem.

(For those that don't know, Breakfast Point was the site of the AGL "factory" in Sydney for years and years.)
    Yep, spot on Annie. Salubrious was not the adjective locals would have used to describe the area when I was a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Yep, spot on Annie. Salubrious was not the adjective locals would have used to describe the area when I was a kid!
    Mum wouldn't take us down there when we were kids ... it smelt too much for her liking.
    They can posh it up as much as they like, it's still good old Mortlake to me!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast