Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding players going to GWS...

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    You know what if players don't want to be a part of the Swans then off they go. I love this club and losing a player like Sam would hurt, but we can't control these things and we have to move on. There is no use worrying over it know or analysing their facial expressions a year before anything happens. The club will will look to sign him up and we've just got to keep faith.
    Hear hear

GWS = $$$
    Swans = heart

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Not sure what's going on with McVeigh though. Maybe he's just a cool character.
    I can think of a pretty good reason McVeigh wasn't singing with passion.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For $1m/year for 4-5 years I'm sure you could get any player to sing the song in a falsetto voice whilst performing a Cossack dance and juggling three pineapples at the same time.
    Yep I'd do that at that price.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Excellent thoughtful article by Greg Baum on the problem that money poses for the AFL. How much is enough? And what happens to the sense of loyalty? Not to mention the sense of belonging that is so important to fans.http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...916-1ke1i.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    I'd just like to say that the dude at 0:18 is a crazy crazy individual...

Unfortunately I get the feeling Sheedy will definitely go hard after a young Swan.
    a) Because we have some young guys with huge potential.
    b) Because he wants other clubs and supporters to dislike GWS, as it will create an 'us versus them' scenario, which he hopes will garner support in West Sydney.
    And I reckon he particularly wants a strong rivalry with the Swans.
    So I reckon he'll go for the jugular regarding stealing a Swan or 2.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Can only take 1. Otherwise it has to be trades.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Unfortunately I get the feeling Sheedy will definitely go hard after a young Swan.
    a) Because we have some young guys with huge potential.
    b) Because he wants other clubs and supporters to dislike GWS, as it will create an 'us versus them' scenario, which he hopes will garner support in West Sydney.
    And I reckon he particularly wants a strong rivalry with the Swans.
    So I reckon he'll go for the jugular regarding stealing a Swan or 2.
    I think the AFL would have told Sheeds to go easy on trying to poach players from the Swans. If they are fair dinkum about developing the game in Sydney, a 'rob Peter to pay Paul' approach here will not be beneficial for the health of the game. I think it's fair enough if we decide to trade any players surplus to our requirements to them if they want to strike deals, but I can't see the AFL encouraging direct poaching of Swans talent. Expanding the game in Sydney should involve bringing a few extra stars from elsewhere to GWS, and not just shipping them across town from us.

Also, if they are trying to build a separate and distinctive brand out west, just grabbing whatever Swans players they can get would not help that branding. If the AFL are serious about this caper they would certainly have considered that. Growing the game in Sydney cannot come at the expense of the Swans.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think the AFL would have told Sheeds to go easy on trying to poach players from the Swans. If they are fair dinkum about developing the game in Sydney, a 'rob Peter to pay Paul' approach here will not be beneficial for the health of the game. I think it's fair enough if we decide to trade any players surplus to our requirements to them if they want to strike deals, but I can't see the AFL encouraging direct poaching of Swans talent. Expanding the game in Sydney should involve bringing a few extra stars from elsewhere to GWS, and not just shipping them across town from us.

Also, if they are trying to build a separate and distinctive brand out west, just grabbing whatever Swans players they can get would not help that branding. If the AFL are serious about this caper they would certainly have considered that. Growing the game in Sydney cannot come at the expense of the Swans.
    Are you suggesting that the AFL would meddle with what is supposed to be a level playing field?!? (shock! horror!)

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Are you suggesting that the AFL would meddle with what is supposed to be a level playing field?!? (shock! horror!)
    I take it you're not referring to ANZ Stadium then.....

Veterans List
    Jordan Lewis from Hawthorn to GWS keeps coming up in the dispatches that I am getting.

To play devil's advocate - If I was GWS the player I would have at the top of my "to get list" would be Sam Reid, closely followed by Ben Reid.

Sam Reid would demand the ire of all Swans fans ever - creating an intense rivalry.

I am ambivalent towards them atm, but if they get Reid I will spew chucks at them.

Get the other Reid and you're the family club - as an added incentive to each other.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast