Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding players going to GWS...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Jordan Lewis from Hawthorn to GWS keeps coming up in the dispatches that I am getting.
    That would be an interesting pickup, I'd quite like it for them. If he's on the market I'd quite like it for us, too- a friend recently described him as "Uber-Bevo", an interesting comparison (and to be honest an Bevo with some of the problems ironed out and the strengths magnified would be a decent player).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    There is talk that the Giants have their eye on Hurley and they might not turn their eye to other young Kpps until he sys no. Despite their bloated salary cap, there is a limit to how many players they can throw GAblett type money at, particularly after they have already used up a fair wad on Scully.

Veterans List
    It's hard to imagine an old showman like Sheeds would pass up the chance to nail one of his cross-city rivals youngsters, if only to add some spice to our rivalry. No idea who they'd go for, just seems like a very Sheedy thing to do.

Just wild about Harry
    If I was GWS I would trade for Jessie White (they wouldnt have to part with much) and try to turn him into a CHB.

Rumour on radio tonight that it might be Seaby to GWS ??

Would be good for both given he cant get a game at the Swans.

Maybe a compensation pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post

Would be a win win for all concerned IMO.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mark has proven that he is too good to languish in the NEAFL whilst we wait for an injury to Mummy; he deserves to be playing at AFL level. I appreciate Lewis/Jesse have given us our ruckman/forward, but I don't understand why Mark hasn't been given more of a chance to play this role- I think he's a very handy forward (and clearly a better ruckman than those two, earnest as their efforts have been). If Mark is only in our plans for when Mummy goes down then that's an amazing luxury for us, but unfair on Mark.

That said, I really don't think we should be chasing too much compo in a trade (I do think Mark is easily worth a 2nd rounder in a normal draft year, but god only knows this year and given the sub rule). If it was to happen I wonder if we could reach an agreement to release Mark from his 3rd contracted year so that it protected the rest of our list (granted GWS may be less keen on that as there's some plum pickin's coming up next year).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List

Heard that too. It was a rumour session but he sounded pretty convincing.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Problem with that is Seaby isn't uncontracted, not impossible of course but it would have to involve the Swans and Seaby agreeing to some buyout of the last year of his contract. But if GWS decide to take Seaby as the uncontracted player then they don't get a shot at Reid.

Seaby to another club could also be problematic if Seaby's contract with the Swans is hefty (which I assume it would be to entice him to move over from Perth). The Swans may prefer to keep him as backup to Mumford as the primary ruck rather than be paying part of his salary while he plays with another club.

Yeah the Seaby deal sounds as good as done to me,the sub rule ruined his chances at our club and the fact Mummy is a star,having said that he was almost BOG at least once or twice this year so we should be trying to get something for him.

Is it just me or does anyone else have this sense of doom about Sam Reid?He's the best prospect this club has seen in a long long long time but some including myself are almost convinced he'll be elsewhere in 2013,i get so stressed even thinking of it,but one things for sure if he doesnt want to commit by mid 2012 he wouldnt be playing another senior game for this club if i had a say.I dont care if we lose because of it but we should refuse to pump up the tyres and put time and energy into anyone who doesnt want to be at our club,and if speculation is true has never wanted to be there.

Put it this way this guy is so important to our future id [with a heavy heart] give up Goodesy and his last few seasons just to keep him,and he could be a triple brownlow medallist this time next week,but it can't be emphasised enough just how much we need Reid going forward,yes were going to have a good midfield but thats worth squat if theres no-one to target.Reid has the hands of a young Carey,Reiwoldt,Brown etc and if anything is ahead of those players at the same stage of their development,give him anything he wants to keep him with us.

Regular in the Side
    Getting way way ahead of yourself. Sam is contracted for 2012 - surely it would be an anomaly to extend a contract this far ahead considering his management would obviously hope he improves even more so they can get a better contract for him and say he goes down with an injury early next year (touch wood!) the Swans wouldn't want to be paying over his value. IF ... and it's a very long way away, but IF he isn't contracted by say, August, next year (which is when we signed all our using guns - Hanners, Smith etc last year) THEN it might be time to panic ... I just find the speculation so weird because I can't see why either party would be talking contracts at this time anyway!?

I hope your right but he's just going to be so good id be pushing the point to get him asap and not even give other clubs the chance to think about him,after all we have signed Mitchell for massive amounts of coin and he's yet to play a game for the club.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast