Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding players going to GWS...

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have this sense of doom about Sam Reid?
    ..... put time and energy into anyone who doesnt want to be at our club, and if speculation is true has never wanted to be there.
    What speculation?

I haven't seen any and from having the pleasure of watching a game and chatting with his mum last year, 'never wanted to be there' is WAYYYYY off the mark...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Just a thought. Wouldn't it be smarter of GWS and the Swans to help each other rather than undermine each other? Wouldn't it be better to have 2 high profile clubs in Sydney rather than one? By deciding to get players from elsewhere rather than Sydney aren't we improving the local competition?
    If the 2 teams are going to be shafting each other the competition will be weakened and it will make the career path of Sydney players uncertain. We have already noted that there are opportunities for co-operation that will be mutually advantageous (Seaby for picks, possibly Bevan and Moore as well). These players would not have to relocate and could expand the nucleus of experienced players for GWS in the early years. The Swans need to get some young blood and can afford to wait a couple of years for development. GWS can't wait too long.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Just a thought. Wouldn't it be smarter of GWS and the Swans to help each other rather than undermine each other? Wouldn't it be better to have 2 high profile clubs in Sydney rather than one? By deciding to get players from elsewhere rather than Sydney aren't we improving the local competition?
    If the 2 teams are going to be shafting each other the competition will be weakened and it will make the career path of Sydney players uncertain. We have already noted that there are opportunities for co-operation that will be mutually advantageous (Seaby for picks, possibly Bevan and Moore as well). These players would not have to relocate and could expand the nucleus of experienced players for GWS in the early years. The Swans need to get some young blood and can afford to wait a couple of years for development. GWS can't wait too long.
    I think you're right, and I suspect our people see it similarly, along with the rivalry comments.
    But I don't have the same confidence about Sheedy.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

So uhh.... Reidy signed up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Yes, with the Swans.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Yes, Sam Reid has signed with the Giants.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Trolling. The OTHER Sam Reid. OUR Sam Reid, brother of Ben Reid who plays for Collingwood (poor emotionally handicapped lad) is ours, and is training (go see the photos...).

The Other Sam Reid needs to have a name change...
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Ben Reid is out of contract next year. With Collingwood throwing their entire salary cap at Pendles, maybe we could lure him north to join his brother...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Ben Reid is out of contract next year. With Collingwood throwing their entire salary cap at Pendles, maybe we could lure him north to join his brother...
    Let's hope we can keep our half of the family first. The Ben part would be an added bonus.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Let's hope we can keep our half of the family first. The Ben part would be an added bonus.
    If we had a Pendles I would consider throwing half our salary cap at him too.... I reckon Ben is very close behind on the Pies list of players to keep next year, so I'm not getting my hopes up. With Grundy, LRT & AJ, we are looking ok down back in terms of talls anyway at this stage. I would like to see us pick up another AJ type in the draft for development, otherwise I think getting Ben Reid would not be something we'd move heaven and earth for.

I'm hoping that Ben has a few niggles and is in and out of the side, doesn't get on with Buckley, Nathan Brown and Lachie Keefe turn it on down back, and Collingwood manage to keep Pendles by throwing bucketloads of money at him. That's pretty much the perfect situation for luring Ben to Sydney.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I hope the PTB go after ben, even if just to muddy the waters and give Eddie an apoplexie.....for the fun of it and entertainment of the redandwhiters.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast