Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Regarding players going to GWS...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I hope the PTB go after ben, even if just to muddy the waters and give Eddie an apoplexie.....for the fun of it and entertainment of the redandwhiters.
    I surrender...PTB?

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I surrender...PTB?
    +1 No idea.

Pendlebury is simply seeing what life at collingwood will be like with Buckley in charge. If he likes, he will stay and if not it will be GWS.

Very clever business move on his part. GWs is building a list that will worry the Swans in a few years.

Ben Reid at the Swans would be a dream.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Powers that be.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Powers that be.
    Oh, bit of an anti-climax to our suspense.

I thought it might have meant:

Pinching Trade Bureau; or
    Procured Trade Booty; or
    Prophylactic Torsion Bruiser - which has nothing to do with football but paints an interesting mental picture.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I hope the PTB go after ben, even if just to muddy the waters and give Eddie an apoplexie.....for the fun of it and entertainment of the redandwhiters.
    Fast forward to October 2012-

"Hello Eddie, this is a Procured Trade Booty call!"

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Just a thought. Wouldn't it be smarter of GWS and the Swans to help each other rather than undermine each other? Wouldn't it be better to have 2 high profile clubs in Sydney rather than one? By deciding to get players from elsewhere rather than Sydney aren't we improving the local competition?
    If the 2 teams are going to be shafting each other the competition will be weakened and it will make the career path of Sydney players uncertain. We have already noted that there are opportunities for co-operation that will be mutually advantageous (Seaby for picks, possibly Bevan and Moore as well). These players would not have to relocate and could expand the nucleus of experienced players for GWS in the early years. The Swans need to get some young blood and can afford to wait a couple of years for development. GWS can't wait too long.
    Help an opposition club........you're kidding

Perhaps we could play a draw with the G.W.$ ?????????

Give them nothing and treat them the same way we want our players to treat them on the field...............take no prisioners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I'm hoping that Ben has a few niggles and is in and out of the side, doesn't get on with Buckley, Nathan Brown and Lachie Keefe turn it on down back, and Collingwood manage to keep Pendles by throwing bucketloads of money at him. That's pretty much the perfect situation for luring Ben to Sydney.
    I really hope this happens. Doesn't seem ridiculously out of the question either. Yet let's just hope it doesn't happen the other way around :/

From what I hear rumour wise GWS is done and dusted for there uncontracted players and have locked up 3 players for the 2013 season and are not looking at getting any more big name players. If the rumours are true they will have goldstein, hurley and pendlebury in 2013. And if true means that all our players are safe. But as always time will tell

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    From what I hear rumour wise GWS is done and dusted for there uncontracted players and have locked up 3 players for the 2013 season and are not looking at getting any more big name players. If the rumours are true they will have goldstein, hurley and pendlebury in 2013. And if true means that all our players are safe. But as always time will tell
    GWS have taken a very different approach to recruiting. Wouldn't surprise if they only targetted a very small number of mature players at the end of this year.

Remember, like GCS, they have 30+ very highly rated kids to try and get games into and to fit into their best 22 within 2-3 years. They also have quite a few high draft picks in the 2012 ND.

Whilst they have an inflated but decreasing salary cap for about 5 years, they still need to pay increasing amounts to improving young talent and they have already "burnt" plenty of the excess $ on Scully and co.

So I reckon they will only target 2-3 mature players this year, possibly a good ruckman and a couple of key position players to provide structure whilst the kids develop. We may be safe from a raid.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Goldstein has signed an extension, so this rumour is now officially debunked.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345