Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    He's actually not that soft, copped a beauty from @@@@@ but got straight back up. Youtube footage of it somewhere I'll try find it.
    Well some people saw Barlow's first game for us and thought he was the second coming. A 'white' Adam Goodes I believe. The point is, isolated examples don't necessarily prove much. It's the Adelaide fans that are calling him soft so I tend to believe them.

Hope you are right though!

Veteran Site Admin
    I reckon that labelling anyone who has played even a handful of AFL games as soft is a little rich. They might not all be as manic as Jude Bolton but you don't get to that level if you are "soft" by the standards of those of us who sit on our backsides watching the game.

You dont stay soft for long at the swans. Besides, we've got enough tough as nails players, we need some silky skills to compliment our list. Its all about balance.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I reckon that labelling anyone who has played even a handful of AFL games as soft is a little rich. They might not all be as manic as Jude Bolton but you don't get to that level if you are "soft" by the standards of those of us who sit on our backsides watching the game.
    Normally I'd agree, but I cant think of another word to describe Jetta's effort for the majority of this season.

I disagree. You only get labelled 'soft' if your efforts contrast startlingly with the rest of your teammates. He doesn't have to be JB, but maybe he does have to work a little more on his attack on the ball. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him or that he doesn't provide something our team lacks, but that's the criticism of his game.

Anyway, I'm not an expert on the subject of TA. I was just reiterating what type of player people perceive him to be.

I disagree. You only get labelled 'soft' if your efforts contrast startlingly with the rest of your teammates. He doesn't have to be JB, but maybe he does have to work a little more on his attack on the ball. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him or that he doesn't provide something our team lacks, but that's the criticism of his game.

Anyway, I'm not an expert on the subject of TA. I was just reiterating what type of player people perceive him to be.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    You dont stay soft for long at the swans.
    Andrejas says hi

This Tony Armstrong is a worth punt if we can get him for a direct swap for Byron.

Byron will not play for any other team except an Adelaide based team, so if noone else from the Crows or Power is on the market, we should do the trade.

We could delist Byron and use the spot for a draft pick, but that's a risk as the draft is a bit skinny (they say that every year) and we probably wouldn't get much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

Byron will not play for any other team except an Adelaide based team, so if noone else from the Crows or Power is on the market, we should do the trade.
    When did Sumner say that?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    No gossip or rumour on this, but any thoughts on us targeting jarrad waite from carlton? He is yet to commit to them and could be a handy inclusion in the forward line, although he is injury prone. Getting a satisfying trade may be too difficult though.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    No gossip or rumour on this, but any thoughts on us targeting jarrad waite from carlton? He is yet to commit to them and could be a handy inclusion in the forward line, although he is injury prone. Getting a satisfying trade may be too difficult though.
    I like Waite although he does suffer from a lot of injuries and does tend to get suspended quite often.........maybe a change of culture would help.

Xav Richards highlight package for all who are interested......

AFL Videos - AFL match replays - AFL.com.au

Kids a gun. Talk to him Ted, he needs to become a Swan.