Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Xav Richards highlight package for all who are interested......

AFL Videos - AFL match replays - AFL.com.au

Kids a gun. Talk to him Ted, he needs to become a Swan.
    Would be great to have Big Ted and Little Ted on the same team!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    When did Sumner say that?
    He may not have categorically stated this.

It is my assumption based on all the information I have read regarding his departure, e.g. homesickness, being closer to family.

I would love us to go hard to get Goddard. He would be an absolute weapon for us.

Obviously premium players like him don't come for nothing. I would use ROK, Jack, Mattner, Malceski as bait.

Certainly would love to keep these 4 but the Saints would demand something pretty good.

Teddy's brother has the exact same sort of lope, kicking style and high arching forehead, I've just noticed.

Extract from http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

THERE was some nice symmetry in one of the ground level meeting rooms in the afternoon, with Xavier Richards, brother of Sydney Swans defender Ted Richards, having a long chat with a Swans official. Xavier, who hails from Xavier College in Melbourne, represented Vic Metro in three games at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships and played in the Sandringham Dragons' TAC Cup Grand Final win last month.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Andrejas says hi
    ...From the reserves....

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I would love us to go hard to get Goddard. He would be an absolute weapon for us.

Obviously premium players like him don't come for nothing. I would use ROK, Jack, Mattner, Malceski as bait.

Certainly would love to keep these 4 but the Saints would demand something pretty good.
    ROK and Mattner would have close to no trade currency given their ages. A club that thought it was very close to a premiership might take a look at ROK but the two obvious clubs are Hawthorn and Carlton, the exact two clubs that showed some interest two years ago but weren't prepared to offer up anything close to realistic trade value for him. His value would be less now because he is two years older. There is no way he would be of any value to a St Kilda side, especially a St Kilda side sans Goddard.

Malceski's current trade value would be well below his playing ability, given he's just come off an injury riddled season. We would be "selling" an asset at a market value less than its probable intrinsic value which is almost never a smart thing to do.

And Jack wouldn't get the Goddard deal done on his own (and I'd hate to lose him anyway).

If we were serious about going after Goddard, the Saints would be eyeing up players like Reid, Rohan and Hannebury. There is little point in securing Goddard if it cost us two of those three in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ROK and Mattner would have close to no trade currency given their ages. A club that thought it was very close to a premiership might take a look at ROK but the two obvious clubs are Hawthorn and Carlton, the exact two clubs that showed some interest two years ago but weren't prepared to offer up anything close to realistic trade value for him. His value would be less now because he is two years older. There is no way he would be of any value to a St Kilda side, especially a St Kilda side sans Goddard.

Malceski's current trade value would be well below his playing ability, given he's just come off an injury riddled season. We would be "selling" an asset at a market value less than its probable intrinsic value which is almost never a smart thing to do.

And Jack wouldn't get the Goddard deal done on his own (and I'd hate to lose him anyway).

If we were serious about going after Goddard, the Saints would be eyeing up players like Reid, Rohan and Hannebury. There is little point in securing Goddard if it cost us two of those three in the process.
    Agree with Mattner, not so much with ROK.

I could see a deal happening along the lines of Jack + ROK for Goddard. Even Malceski + ROK for Goddard might work for them.

Agree we need to keep Rohan, Reid and Hanners. That is absolutely essential.

Goes up to 11
    I would expect that we wont bother going for Goddard given the calibre of players we would have to give up. Next year's improvement will likely come from within - what's stopping Gary Rohan from being our Goddard in a few years' time anyway?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I would expect that we wont bother going for Goddard given the calibre of players we would have to give up. Next year's improvement will likely come from within - what's stopping Gary Rohan from being our Goddard in a few years' time anyway?
    Gary Rohan could well be our Goddard & StevieJ
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Gary Rohan could well be our Goddard & StevieJ
    No, Chops will be our Stevie J.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    No, Chops will be our Stevie J.
    I hate placing labels on kids like this but Lamb has that x-factor about him just like Stevie.J.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN