Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Wow, we're getting a tad tetchy about GWS on here! I read Damien's post and took it entirely as "nice problem to have!".
    Thanks for picking that up!, I'm a bit confused at the reaction. Probably best for me just to move on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Really meant nothing! I'll be more careful in future re: GWS on this board though! Lesson learnt.
    Damien, I was't offended at all. I was just pointing out a "light globe" moment I had when I looked at all of those picks this morning.

If you look at the GC Suns, they won't have to wait 5 years to be superior over the Lions. The Lions recruiting hasn't helped that either.

However, the Swans top up a little each year. Goodesy being our best will start getting injured more often as he gets older and there really is the possibility that as GWS has it's players mature, not forgetting they can recruit a few more uncontracted players next year, the team will become potentially stronger than the Swans. Sure Swans have many players that will improve but do we as fans have a distorted view on how good they are and how much they will improve in comparison with the rest of the competition.

I still don't think it will eat into the Swans base as those of us that follow the Swans and GWS will not change.

I'm surprised that GWS hasn't traded some of those picks for better players this year so they can be more competitive in the next two years. Don't understand that strategy unless the first 25 players of this years draft have potential elite status.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Wow, we're getting a tad tetchy about GWS on here! I read Damien's post and took it entirely as "nice problem to have!".
    Should have thrown in a but it's such a "girlie" thing to add to the end of a blokes message.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Is it a certainty that Sumner wants out? Considering his trade value, and his salary value, surely re-signing him on a minimum and giving him a little more time to recover from his grief wouldn't be a bad option as I rated him. Quick, good disposal, all those things we are missing.
    He moved back to Adelaide in July. So I think that might give us some indication.

He will probably get delisted and picked up by Crows in draft or rookie draft.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    He moved back to Adelaide in July. So I think that might give us some indication.

He will probably get delisted and picked up by Crows in draft or rookie draft.
    It wouldn't be a great loss at all - although he's promising, so are a lot of players with 1 AFL game under his belt. Of course the 2 clubs should just do the swap Sumner<->Armstrong, otherwise both would probably just get picked up thru either draft by each club. Therefore I can't see either club sweating on doing a deal this week....

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

Sam Reid off to GWS

Sam Reid of the bulldogs. Not swans
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Sam Reid has now gone to GWS. It's funny but he has a brother playing for Bendigo I think and his name is Ben.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Sam Reid has now gone to GWS. It's funny but he has a brother playing for Bendigo I think and his name is Ben.
    His brother Ben was already playing for GWS this year. No doubt part of the reason why they selected him.

TWR has the Crows list manager - David Noble on and he hasn't said anything about Armstrong. Just mentioned that they traded away their first draft pick to GWS for a 17 yr old (Crouch).

Didn't mention any of the Crows other trades either. So nothing more to report there except that he hinted as he closed off he said he would probably be back in contact with them before end of trade week.

GWS have in the National Draft 12 of the first 14.

Regular in the Side
    GWS have 11 out the first 14 by my count. Port 6, Bris 8, and Melb 12.

Agree, nothing in Damien's post at all. I thought it was obvious they'd likely have trouble keeping all their stars (if they turn out to be stars) on their list in a few years time, but it certainly brought out the GWS white knights.

I also agree with above