Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    No, because I doubt they have any value. The former hasn't played a game in four years, and the latter has clear issues with fitness and was a mature age recruit.

All we would get at best is a late pick in a weak draft, which would not benefit us and is not what we should be looking for when we are looking to push to the top few spots on the ladder.
    Either have Bevan and Moore. I thought GWS would be interested in Bevan with a 4th round pick at least. That won't happen now.

I think Currie will be saved for another year because of the GWS draft. TDL still has lots of improvement and will get better as he physically builds his body up and stops resembling a whippet.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Is anyone else surprised the both Currie and TDL haven't come up in Tradeweek?
    No, not really. TDL has had only 2 years on the list and is a very smart footballer. With a huge preseason and a fitness base we'll see a better TDL next season.

Currie had an outstanding year in the reserves and the fact they were willing to let Seaby go means the coaching staff are confident he'll take the next step.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    There's your problem. Reading BF and expecting something intelligent. I haven't looked at that site at all during this trade period not even the Swans section. I learnt from previous experiences.

It's Johnston for Pick 35 and not Johnston for Armstrong. We got Tony for nothing. There is a difference.

If the Swans decided to trade AJ (Alex) then what sort of pick would you have expected to get for him? I'd say at least 35 on this years proven performance and potential. He was pick 57. Hanners was pick 30 in the Lewis Johnston draft. Jessie was pick 79. What would they be worth in this trade?

Does that help put things into perspective?

I understand disappointment but there is no point grieving over something you never had or which didn't materialise otherwise we would all be crying over high school sweethearts.
    I'm with you..pick 35 is about par for LJ on paper. I just hope he does take the next step which he couldn't take for whatever reason in Sydney.
    Armstrong is a bonus. I hope he takes the next step IN Sydney.
    The late pick is a double bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Didn't LJ sign a 2 yr contract extension only a couple of months ago? Why would a) he sign it then decide to leave and b) the club trade him after they just committed to him?

What's the point of signing the contract in the first place?
    Adelaide are on the record as saying that they were looking to bring home South Australians

Buy signing a contract at least we got a draft pick and Armstrong - otherwise we might have got nothing - I did not want to see him leave either - will be interesting to see how his "foot" holds up down the track - Armstrong was a swan supporter as kid so at least he want's to be here - if LJ did not want to go he did not have to !!!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well good luck to LJ. I hope he can get his body right and play some good football for the Crows.

TWR is just on and they are saying the new St Kilda coach will either try to talk Walsh into staying under a new regime or will have a look what the SWans have on offer and do the deal.

They said that many have called Walsh the Irish Wayne Carey (hopefully not like Barlow was the new Goodes). He has had an outstanding season in the VFL and promising with a capital P.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Adelaide are on the record as saying that they were looking to bring home South Australians

Buy signing a contract at least we got a draft pick and Armstrong - otherwise we might have got nothing - I did not want to see him leave either - will be interesting to see how his "foot" holds up down the track - Armstrong was a swan supporter as kid so at least he want's to be here - if LJ did not want to go he did not have to !!!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Well good luck to LJ. I hope he can get his body right and play some good football for the Crows.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You're on.

I dunno people. All this angst about recruiting intelligence, when if you think objectively its being done by the same group that brought us Kennedy, McGlynne, Mumford, and who recruited a kid who was still at school (you know, the 2010 Rising Star award winner). There are reasons for decisions made that we are not privvy to. No amount of speculation is going to change that.
    Too right Prims - we can speculate all we want but in the end, we get no say, nor should we. The Powers that be are paid to do a job, and they have done rather well from where I'm sitting. SO lets just wait and see what pans out shall we? Blimey its going to be a long off season.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You're on.

I dunno people. All this angst about recruiting intelligence, when if you think objectively its being done by the same group that brought us Kennedy, McGlynne, Mumford, and who recruited a kid who was still at school (you know, the 2010 Rising Star award winner). There are reasons for decisions made that we are not privvy to. No amount of speculation is going to change that.

If you are want to have your argument supporting the omniscience of our recruiting department (and the limitations in the thinking of your fellow R&Wers then I suggest you don't use Hannebury and the 2008 national draft in your argument, because in that draft the Swans selected Lewis Johnstone before Dan Hannebury.

And as for speculation, it may not change anything, but it's certainly more stimulating than simply parrotting the latest spin from the Swans management (If I wanted mindless repition of club press releases I'd be reading the drivel produced by Sydney's sports journalists, not RWO).
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The lure home for those from Vic/SA/WA that spend a lot of time in the magoos is significantly boosted by the opportunity to play at VFL/SANFL/WAFL level when not getting a run in the seniors. The significance of developing the NEAFL into an elite, well respected second tier league cannot be undersold- in my opinion it is key to the successful, sustainable expansion of the AFL; not just the value to clubs that it presents with enhanced development of players running around in the magoos, but also the value in the personal satisfaction for those players playing at that level.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Come on guys, stop gnashing teeth over LJ. We not only got Armstrong but also pick 35 which may prove very important tomorrow in the mad monday trade rush.

It could be the key to us getting Walsh so lets wait until 2pm tomorrow before we decide if the recruiters have done well AGAIN!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    No, because I doubt they have any value. The former hasn't played a game in four years, and the latter has clear issues with fitness and was a mature age recruit.

All we would get at best is a late pick in a weak draft, which would not benefit us and is not what we should be looking for when we are looking to push to the top few spots on the ladder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No, not really. TDL has had only 2 years on the list and is a very smart footballer. With a huge preseason and a fitness base we'll see a better TDL next season.

Currie had an outstanding year in the reserves and the fact they were willing to let Seaby go means the coaching staff are confident he'll take the next step.
    OK, good, so it was only me.