Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    The truth is Johnston grew up in Port Pirie...for those of you that don't know its a lead smelting town in South Australia. Research there has linked lead exposure with retarded intellectual development of children.

You only have to take a visit to Port Pirie to realise there are an extremely high level of people there that are "not quite with it"

The mystery has been solved. I wonder if that was what Emma Quayle meant when she said he was never going to fit in to Sydney.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    The deal was Johnston for pick 35, forget Armstrong. he and that last pick were bonus. I still don't understand why we got that last pick from them.

Is there anyone else in the Swans that we could have traded to get a pick similar to this. We won't know till possibly tomorrow or draft day what the intentions are for this pick. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

Unless they can talk Walsh into staying a saint then he wants to go to Sydney. Think positive thoughts about that one everybody and move on.
    Maybe they intend to delist a couple more on top of the 3 retirements. Does anyone know to date how many draft picks we now have and what numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    As it stands now:

21 (Tom Mitchell)
    35 (from Adelaide)

Adelaide's later picks are 46, 64, 89 - so presumably we're also getting 64.
    Need to pick a minimum of 2 more in the draft. Mitchell counts as third. Rookie elevation can be included as pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Maybe they intend to delist a couple more on top of the 3 retirements. Does anyone know to date how many draft picks we now have and what numbers.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    Need to pick a minimum of 2 more in the draft. Mitchell counts as third. Rookie elevation can be included as pick.
    Understand we must draft 3 but will we go for 5. Don't forget there is a pool of mature VFL players.

You just dislike me, thats how.
    No pretty sure it's the part where we apparently swapped Johnston for pick 35. I mean really?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Understand we must draft 3 but will we go for 5. Don't forget there is a pool of mature VFL players.
    They were saying on TWR today that there might be quite a few out of contract first graders going in the pre-season draft.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So how big a head case was LJ? Like a voices in the head, Goran Ivanisevic kinda guy, or a sooky la la, Darren Jolly bedwetting kinda guy?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Warming the Bench
    TWR is just on and they are saying the new St Kilda coach will either try to talk Walsh into staying under a new regime or will have a look what the SWans have on offer and do the deal.

They said that many have called Walsh the Irish Wayne Carey (hopefully not like Barlow was the new Goodes). He has had an outstanding season in the VFL and promising with a capital P.
    Wasn't Brendon Murphy the Irish Chris Judd.
    As for an outstanding VFL season I think he only polled 3 votes in the Liston Trophy.
    A friend of mine never misses a Sandringham game where Walsh played and he reckons he should have played at St Kilda this year but he also rates him as a good VFL player.
    The times they played Port Melbourne this year he made Paul Torture Chambers look like Wayne Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    No pretty sure it's the part where we apparently swapped Johnston for pick 35. I mean really?
    How much would you have paid for Tom Lynch?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Regular in the Side
    i think we shuld all just move an except whats happened, and look forward to potentially what happens tomorrow...

There will be people who have problems with any trade.

Most Swans supporters hated the Plugger deal after Caven etc.
    People here were crying over the Hall deal.
    etc etc etc

The Swans have ben one of the best performers at the trade table for years IMO
    I'm happy
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

How big is Walsh?