Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

No thanks! He has the wrong attitude and he affects the players around him. Look how the Blues have played since he left & they have had no incidents. When he was there other players also got in the poo because of an attitude that develops, 'if it is good enough for Fev it's good enough for me!'. Fev would be more dangerous up here as he would be relatively anonymous and he could dance merry hell & get away with much more than he could in Melbourne. The other thing is he doesn't have too many seasons left in him & we should look to the future 10 years not two.

Veterans List
    Fev? No thanks. The guys a talent but is too much of a loose cannon off field and can suffer from the sulks on field.

He is also the wrong age unless you are a challenger in 2012 who needs a FF.
    History is littered with clubs who recruited Fev age types thinking they were close to a flag but they were over rating themsleves, I'm thinking Wretchmond here in particular!

Tyson Goldsack anyone? Been dropped again by the Pies.

From the games I've seen, he goes OK. With the retirement of Kennelly and doubts about Malceski body, he could be a handy on the HBF.

I would accept a straight trade between Everitt and Goldsack.

is Brendan Goddard available ?

After watching some of last night's footy show it would appear the Saints have big salary cap issues and could offload a big name for the right deal. What could we offer for Brendan Goddard ? He would be a sensational acquisition for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    After watching some of last night's footy show it would appear the Saints have big salary cap issues and could offload a big name for the right deal. What could we offer for Brendan Goddard ? He would be a sensational acquisition for us.
    Certainly would, but it could cost us big time.

Grundy and a couple of picks ? White too >?

I doubt we can get the deal done even if we could BJ enjoys strutting around Brighton to much to leave for Sydney

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

From the games I've seen, he goes OK. With the retirement of Kennelly and doubts about Malceski body, he could be a handy on the HBF.

I rate Goldsack, but then so does Collingwood. I doubt we would be prepared to part with enough to trade for him. If we could get a couple of extra Sherrins for Everitt though, I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

Collingwood would laugh us out the door. And I'm a comparative fan of Everitt.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Grundy and a couple of picks ? White too >?
    @@@@ me, when did a 25 y.o KPD become expendable?? When Teddy and LRT are long gone, Reg will no doubt still be playing a vital role in the backline. It's ridiculous to suggest he should get traded.

Goddard is a gun and my second favourite Saint, but we don't have anything worth his value to trade. Oh and Fev will NOT come to Sydney. Does anyone really think he'd leave his family again when he's in such a fragile state? Delusions of grandeur!

If we are trading its going to be for fringe players, which is unfortunate because we are in desperate need for some quality.

In my mind our priorities over the next 2 years are (in order of need):
    - A full forward with a good marking/goal kicking ability
    - A relatively young outside mid with a clean disposal by foot (I wouldn't mid a couple tbh)
    - A crumbing forward
    - Another small defender

The fact we have so many players coming off contract next year (with most in need of a contract upgrade) impedes our ability to spend though Goodes (most assuredly our highest paid player) can be placed inside the veterans list. The compromised draft is working against us as well if we want to trade. I'm hoping Seaby will get picked up by another club and we can snatch a 2nd round pick?

Tony Armstrong is again mentioned as a target, though I would like to see us go for someone like Kane Lucas? I'm sure he was a Swans fan, and although injuries have ruined his year to some extent, he's certainly talented. Carlton, although wanting a full forward, probably need another inside mid as well. Mclean was a failed trade so the problem still exists for them and we do seem to have a surplus of inside-mids.... I'm not naming who I think should be considered for trade (because I will inevitably be howled down), but yeah I would like for the club to chase Lucas.

Anyone know if Vardy and Hawkins are sewn up yet??? And then there's Dawes, of course - definitely out of contract. Though surprisingly he only scores one goal a game too (like Reid). What we REALLY need, though is a Shaun Burgoyne type...any ideas? Satin and Silk...but strong enough to break tackles and never loses his balance.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Or Marc Murphy ;-)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast